You are in Support
HandicapMaster version 5.3
Author: Nick Perkins
© HandicapMaster 2005
INTRODUCTIONThis 'Changes' file details important information about HandicapMaster software. This file contains details about the changes made to HandicapMaster in comparison to version 5.2.
The Start Sheets option has been entirely re-written. New features include:
- Option to create a two-tee Start Sheet added
- Option to create a Start Sheet for a 'Shotgun' start added
Whilst adding names to Start Sheet, new features include:
- Option to 'Auto-fill' the Start Sheet using Players from a previous competition added
- Option to 'Reorder' players in Start Sheet into Handicap order added
When creating a Start Sheet Report, new features include:
- Option to include Players' Handicaps in Start Sheet added
- Option to include Players' Home Clubs in Start Sheet added
- Option to generate Report in Player alphabetical order added
- Option to print Labels for Scorecards from Start Sheet added (Premier Edition Only)
- Option to export Start Sheet details to Comma-separated Values ("CSV") file added (Premier Edition Only)
- Supports intervals between tee times in multiples of half-minutes, for traditional style Start Sheets.
When applying competition scores:
- For singles competitions, Option to add 'No Return (Card Not Returned)' score for any player included in the Start Sheet but who has no score entered.
Two column Start Sheet report has been replaced by 'Spreadsheet Layout' style report (names in each group listed across the page).
Competition must be previously opened for a start sheet to be created.
Important Note: Existing Start Sheets are deleted as part of this upgrade.
Reporting Handicaps and Competition Results to Web Site
Introduction of new free service MasterScoreboard.co.uk is introduced. This service offers Users the option to publish Competition Results, Handicaps and Handicap Records to a central web site easily.
'Publish to MasterScoreboard.co.uk' option added to FILE menu.
A subscription ID and Passcode are required to upload information. Please contact HandicapMaster support to be set up on the central web site.
Individual Member's Names may be suppressed when uploading to the Master Scoreboard site (see Master Scoreboard tab in Edit Member).
Options to publish Events and Notices, add password to the system (to make 'members only' pages) etc. available from the Master Scoreboard Control Panel on web site.
Changes to managing Golf Clubs and Courses in HandicapMaster:
- Selection of Golf Courses is now moved to their own list, with new 'Golf Courses' place added.
- New option to record Contact Details for clubs. Contact Name and Address will be included in the Handicap Exchange Sheet report.
- Course Details window now supports all four tee colours together, accessed via separate Tabs.
- Change name of Gilnahirk to Castlereagh Hills and add Clogher Valley and Lisselan.
Competition Score Entry
Changes to SCORE ENTRY include:
- Gemplus GemPC USB Card Reader is now supported, for reading Ireland GOLFnet Smart Cards at Score Entry time (PREMIER edition only). Contact support for installation details.
- Option to include Players Current Handicaps in list of names at Score Entry time is added (see Configure Score Entry option under Competitions menu in HandicapMaster).
- Print to Scorecards at Score Entry; Option to print Player's Names, Handicaps, Competition details and Score Card Issue Number on to Score Cards as Players sign in added (see Configure Score Entry option under Competitions menu in HandicapMaster). (Premier Edition only).
- Message box may now be cleared by clicking the screen (or touching screen when operating with a touch-sensitive screen).
- Sign-in screen now displays players' names for Pairs competitions.
- Password screen displayed when exiting Score Entry better integrated with Score Entry screens. Button to return to Score Entry added (when Touch-screen equipment option is used).
- Analyse Scores Entered; List now identifies 'No Return - Card Not Returned' entries.
Date of Birth field added to Membership records. "DATE OF BIRTH" column added to EXPORT file and accepted as column in IMPORT file.
Option to Change a Member record to a Visitor record has been moved from the Edit Member window to the right-click pop-up menu relating to the ALL MEMBERS list.
Icon displayed on Edit Member window now switches between Man and Lady Icon, as applicable.
'Active' link added to Edit Member window allowing an email to be created (by clicking the link). Shows as "Mailto:email-address" and is visible whenever an email address has been entered in the membership record.
New "MasterScoreboard.co.uk" tab added to support the Master Scoreboard web publishing service (see below).
When deleting Members or Visitors, HandicapMaster will now store the player's PIN number as a negative number whilst deleted (allowing the PIN number to be re-used more easily if required).
Auto-load from Membership CSV file; Add option to load Membership records from CSV file as part of integration with external membership database. Contact Support for further details (Premier Edition only).
When transferring an Away Player to Home Player, HandicapMaster now asks for player's Exact Handicap.
Removed message "The Membership Category of the Member is currently set to the default of 'Unknown'. Is this correct?" when saving membership record.
Away Competition Scores
RECORD AWAY SCORE window has been amended to allow 'bulk' entry of away scores from another competition. It is now possible to enter all cards returned for a competition round played Away in one set.
- Overall Result report for Alternative Day Competitions now includes Handicapping information.
- Where a Competition is marked as Abandoned, Winners are no longer highlighted.
'Most Improved Golfer' Report:
- Start date for 'Most Improved Golfer' report is now selectable.
- Option to base calculation on Percentage Improvement in Handicap added (see Reports Menu -> Layout and Options -> Handicapping Reports tab).
Handicap Exchange Sheet:
- Amended to Letter format.
- Scores returned from Disqualified rounds are now excluded from Eclectic results.
Date for Annual Review (lapsing of Handicaps) now accepted from 1st October to 31st January (CLUB and PREMIER editions, Scotland Region, only).
Option to manually override the calculated Competition Scratch Score added (Society Edition only).
'Buffer Zones' relabelled as 'Safe Zones' to avoid confusion with CONGU Handicapping System (Society Edition Only).
Handicapping adjustment in Mixed Handicap Non-Qualifiers (Stableford and Par competitions) amended to take into consideration the Par of the Men's and Ladies courses when considering whether any handicap adjustment is required.
Columns displayed in main window lists are now automatically adjusted to their optimum widths.
Opened Competitions List now displays Tee Colours chosen for Men's and Ladies Tees
New Option to set a Description to display in the Title Bar of the program is added
Date when database last updated added to 'About HandicapMaster' window.
Second Icon added to HandicapMaster program, displaying the HandicapMaster 'Golfer' picture.
HandicapMaster, when displaying a list, now 'remembers' the item chosen the previous time the list was displayed. Applies to these lists:
- All Members
- AWAY Members Only
- Past Members
- Competition Templates
- Opened Competitions
- Closed Competitions
- Knock-out Competitions
- Golf Courses
BACKSPACE key now acts like clicking "BACK" button on toolbar when main HandicapMaster window is displayed.
'Grace' period for Club and Premier Edition registration code expiry amended to 45 days.
Option to switch HandicapMaster editions through the 'Change Registration' Window added (alternative registration code required!).
Items "Create diagnostic log of session in file TRACE.TXT" and "Create Diagnostic copy of Database" are removed from 'Database' Tab in OPTIONS.
Players Lists; The heading above Player lists on the main HandicapMaster desktop now includes the number of players listed.
Program Installation; Add support for Installer recognising when HandicapMaster is already running.
Internet options; In some circumstances, HandicapMaster now automatically runs the local Internet Dial-up connection script as required.
Ireland GOLFnet Update; Selection for Live, Test or User Profile for connection details removed from GOLFnet window.