You are in Support
HandicapMaster version 5.2
Author: Nick Perkins
© HandicapMaster 2004
INTRODUCTIONThis 'Changes' file details important information about HandicapMaster software. This file contains details about the changes made to HandicapMaster in comparison to version 5.1.
'Enter Competition Scores' revision
Version 5.2 incorporates new functionality to support scores for more than one competition being entered at the same time. Previous versions of HandicapMaster were limited to a single competitions being entered. To achieve this additional capability, the process of entering scores into HandicapMaster has been amended.
Here are the highlights of the changes:
The 'Enter Competition Scores' wizard has been split into three separate and
- Configuring Score Entry,
- Opening new competitions,
- Entering scores.
'Configure Score Entry' should be a one-time action. This new option, listed under the COMPETITIONS menu, separates out the configuration for how scores will be input; the equipment used and methods for selecting players to enter their scores. Leader board settings are contained in this Wizard, also.
'Open a New Competition' is a new Wizard that must be used to start a competition, ready for scores to be entered.
'Enter Scores' option now takes the User direct to the Score Entry screens.
The Score Entry screens have been redesigned and sport a new look and action.
Choice of six screen colour themes to choose for Score Entry screens have been added.
To support multiple competitions under way, a new list has been added to the Competitions lists. 'Opened Competitions' lists those competitions currently opened.
New 'Analyse Scores Entered' option allows the User to review the scores entered. Scores input, the time these scores were entered and other details are displayed. The list can be resorted by clicking the column headings.
Rounds from 'Multiple-round' and 'Alternate-day' competitions are now 'combined' when APPLY COMPETITION SCORES is run, rather than at Score Entry time.
Competitions and Handicapping:
- AWAY Handicaps are no longer adjusted after competitions. All Away
handicaps are now processed as whole numbers, so to simplify management of
Away Handicaps. This applies to the Club edition only.
- LGU Medals (Silver and Bronze Medal winners) calculations now catered
for (Club Edition Only).
- 'Silloth' handicapping is added to Four-ball Best Ball Medal
- Countback scores are now included in Alternate Day aggregate results, if
selected for display.
- Support for Alternate Day Par (Bogey, vPar) competitions is added.
- Configure Handicapping screen converted to Wizard format and options to
choose Handicap Category boundaries and Buffer Zones added (Society Edition
- Status of 'Card Not Returned' now recognised by HandicapMaster. Where
all 18 holes are entered as NR (No Return), HandicapMaster now treats this
as 'Card Not Returned' whilst recording the score as No Return. An 'Adjusted
Gross Score' is not calculated (CONGU Handicapping). 'Card Not Returned' is
displayed in the Competition Results report alongside 'No Return'.
- Auto-completion of scores being entered. Where not all of the required
holes have been entered, pressing the 'Accept Score' button on the score
card screen causes any missing holes to be auto-completed as "NR". For
example, to enter a No Return for a card that is missing, enter NR for hole
1 and press the 'Accept Score' button. The remaining 17 holes will
automatically be completed as NR. At least one hole must have been entered
before 'auto-completion' becomes active.
- Lowest setting for Maximum Handicap allowed reduced to 10 (Society Edition only). * Lowest setting for Maximum Handicap allowed reduced to 10 (Society Edition only).
- Best Scores Analysis report; This is a new report that may be run against a competition that has been closed (completed). This report details best Gross Score/Stableford Points or par result achieved over Front 9, Back 8, Par 5's, 4's and 3's. It also reports most holes played under Par.
- Number of Qualifying Scores Returned report; Expanded to include statistics from Non-qualifying competitions. Report is now titled 'Competition Scores Returned'.
- Handicap List Report; New option to exclude Members from the list if their membership category matches a chosen category has been added.
- Handicap List Report; New option to display names in three columns has been added.
- Handicap List Report; Option to include page numbers in the footer of each page of the Handicap List report has been added.
- Handicap Certificate Report; Options to set the Top Margin used for printing the report, and whether the Club Logo should be included in the report added.
- Handicap Record Report; 'Score Entry Date' column amended to show 'Late' when 'Score Entry Date' is later year than 'Competition Date' (Club Edition only).
- Handicap Exchange Report; Report no longer includes Clause 19.8 Adjustments in countries where Clause 19.8 adjustments do not apply to Away scores (Club Edition Only).
- Handicap Exchange Report; Re-ordering of columns for improved clarity (Club Edition Only).
- 'Report Selection' screen increased in size to aid easier selection.
Program Layout and Navigation:
- 'Other Places' panel on Task Pane has been renamed to 'Places'. All five places are now displayed permanently, in a consistent order.
- Selection item (in Lists in Right Hand Pane) is now retained when lists are refreshed.
- Selection window is now sizable.
- Cosmetic changes made to 'Competition Template' wizard.
- When entering AWAY Competition Scores, the venue now defaults to the 'Other membership' club listed in the player's record, if present.
- New columns 'CSS Men' and 'CSS Ladies' added to Closed Competitions list
- Competition Tasks and Menu items have been reworded (standardised)
- Handicapping Tasks and Menu items have been reworded (standardised)
- Progress Indicator displayed whilst HandicapMaster is starting up.
- 'Scroll Up' button added to allow manual scrolling of the leaderboard.
- Option to choose the time delay before the Leaderboard is displayed is added.
- Option to choose the time interval between each scroll of the Leaderboard is added.
- Names displayed on Leaderboard now limited to Surname only for team competitions.
- Option to change a 'Visitor' to 'Member' added. To change a Visitor, select the player in the Visitors list and right-click. Select 'Change Visitor to Member' from the pop-up menu.
- Players added through New Visitor option now have their handicap award backdated to 1st January in the current year.
- Visitors may now be added to the system at Score Entry time, using Function key F8 (full keyboard needed).
- ALL Visitors may now be deleted in one go using Right-click menu when displaying Visitors List.
- General Play Letters; New option added to suppress production of Letters to players when General Play adjustments are entered.
- Club Logo included in letterheads (for Letters reports) if logo available and letterheads selected for inclusion.
BACKUP DATABASE and RESTORE DATABASE Options:
- Now supports backup files spanning multiple floppy disks.
- HandicapMaster now only takes an automatic backup of the database on exit if the database has been modified since the previous automatic backup was completed.
- HandicapMaster now compacts the database file on exit
- 'Clear ALL Data' Menu item is redundant and is removed from File menu
- 'Reload Full Club List' button is removed from File|Options|Database tab
Introduction of Premier Edition
- Option for players to enter scores using a Touch-sensitive screen added
- Option for players to enter scores using Magnetic Swipe Cards added
- Option to ask players to sign in to the computer before play added
- 'No Return' now automatically added to Competition Results for players who have signed in to a competition but not entered their score card, when Applying Scores.