You are in Support
How to copy HandicapMaster to another PC?
HandicapMaster uses a number of third-party library files that are installed onto a computer when a 'NEW INSTALLATION' is run. For this reason, when setting HandicapMaster up on a new PC (or re-installing after reloading Windows), we always recommend performing a full installation.
Please visit the Downloads page for access to the Handicapmaster download.
Once you have installed HandicapMaster on the new PC, the easiest way to copy your data is:
- Insert removable media into the original PC, we recommend a USB 'memory stick' or USB drive where supported. Note: floppy disks may be used but these are not supported on many modern PCs.
- Start HandicapMaster on the original PC.
- Select BACKUP DATABASE from the File menu.
- Click CHANGE FOLDER button and select a suitable folder on the removable media (such as the driver letter of your removable media, or "A:" for a floppy disk). Click OK.
- Click YES (this will create a file called 'HandicapMaster.bak').
- Insert removable media into the target PC.
- Start HandicapMaster on the target PC.
- Select RESTORE DATABASE from the File menu.
- Click CHANGE FOLDER button and select the folder on the removable media containing the "Handicapmaster.bak" file (such as the driver letter of your removable media, or "A:" for a floppy disk). Click OK.
- Click YES.
You may need to exit HandicapMaster and restart it the first time for the registration details from the backup to be recognised.