You are in Support
New Features and Principal Changes in Version 7.3
For a description of the functional changes made to HandicapMaster from 7.2 to 7.3, please read our New in Version 7.3 page.
HandicapMaster 7.3.43 (Update Package 443) (13 July 2012)
- AMEND - Limit on maximum date that may be used for competitions removed in Society edition.
HandicapMaster 7.3.42 (Update Package 442) (19 April 2012)
- AMEND - Revised screen messages for CONGU edition users re-emphasising importance of updating to 2012 software to ensure correct calculation of Handicaps.
HandicapMaster 7.3.41 (not on general release)
- AMEND - Database timeout increased to 120 seconds for "Network" edition, to avoid program failure after long-running query such as a Database backup (Network edition only).
HandicapMaster 7.3.40 (Update Package 440) (9 November 2011)
- AMEND - Golf Courses (England); Added "Coulsdon Court Ladies", "Orpington - Ruxley Park" and "Roundwood Hall". Changed "Orpington" to "Orpington - Cray Valley". Removed "Lyneham" and "Royal Wimbledon Artisans".
- AMEND - Improved the randomization when re-ordering players on a start sheet.
- FIX - (Ref. 73166) - Apply Scores; When aggregating an Alternative Day competition, HandicapMaster could incorrectly report that a player or players were in the competition twice.
HandicapMaster 7.3.39 (Update Package 438) (15 August 2011)
- AMEND - Golf Courses (England); Added "The Ouse Valley", "Volvo Amateur Golf Tour" and "West Derby Artisans". Renamed "Stoke-by-Nayland" to "Stoke by Nayland", "Cottingham" to "Cottingham Parks", "St Helens" to "St Helens Park", "Hucknall" to "Leen Valley".
- AMEND - Golf Courses (Ireland); Removed "Kilkea Castle" from Ireland GOLFnet service.
- AMEND - Welcome Report; The "Welcome to HandicapMaster 2011" report is no longer displayed on start-up.
- AMEND - Online Backups; Support to display in HandicapMaster a SERVICE ANNOUCEMENT from the online backup service is added.
- FIX - (Ref. 73163) - Book a future Competition; When booking a Visitor into a future competition through the main HandicapMaster program, a change in playing handicap for the player would not be effective until the date of the competition, in error (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73164) - Competition Templates. It was not possible to set up some fractional handicap allowances for 3 or 4 player Texas Scrambles as the maximum value that may have been entered for the numerator and denominator of the fraction was 99.
- FIX - (Ref. 73165) - Publish to CDH; When publishing away scores to Ireland's GOLFnet CDH service, the competition category field in the Away score record was not being set correctly when separate Home/Away Competition Scratch Scores had been calculated for the competition (CONGU editions, Ireland only).
HandicapMaster 7.3.38 (Update Package 437) (7 June 2011)
- AMEND - Golf Courses (England); Change CDH number for "Northumberland Veteran Ladies (Assn)" and "Independent Schools". Added "York Union of Golf Clubs" (3 times to match EGU CDH), "Bolton Ladies Championship" and "Sharpley Springs". Deleted "Army Ladies", "Brinsbury College", "Chadwell Springs", "Chiddingfold", "GM Junior Golf Tour", "Home Nations Interclub", "North West J G T", "NWJGT", "Petworth Downs", "RAF", "Warrenby Artisans", "West Park".
- FIX - (Ref. 73163) - CONGU Handicapping; No 'Stableford points adjustment' was being calculated for 'Plus Handicap' golfers (players with handicaps below zero) when applying scores, in error (CONGU editions only).
HandicapMaster 7.3.37 (Update Package 436) (11 May 2011)
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Centurions", "Ruskie Hall", "HCLGA", "Isle of Wight Golf Alliance", "NWJGT", "North West J G T", "Lee Westwood Golf School", "Intercollegiate Tour" and "Sandwell Valley Artisans", renamed "Alnwick" as "Alnwick Castle" and "Park (The)" as "Avington Park", and deleted "St Andrews Hospital" and "Jersey Western Artisans" from list of courses in England.
- AMEND - Publish to EGU CDH; Restrict reporting of warning 'player does not have a valid Home Club' to those players with a CDH number only.
- FIX - (Ref. 73154) - Publish to CDH; Error 19 ("No Record Sheet Entries Received") could occur publishing to GUW and SGU test CDH services (CONGU editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73155) - Player Entry; Error 70 ("Permission denied") could occur starting Player Entry.
- FIX - (Ref. 73156) - Publish to EGU CDH; Player handicap could be left as "unknown" on CDH when junior club handicap had just become a CONGU handicap for the first time (CONGU editions, England only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73157) - Subscriptions Option; When an away member became a home member and a new membership and handicap record was started their existing subscriptions, invoices and payments were not transferred to the new membership record.
- FIX - (Ref. 73158) - Apply Scores; HandicapMaster would repeatedly request to split the tie between only one player when this player incorrectly had scores returned for both days of an alternative day competition. HandicapMaster now prevents competitions being applied as "alternative day" competitions if one or more players have more than one score returned.
- FIX - (Ref. 73159) - Subscriptions Option; Overdue Subscriptions wizard, unexpected error 3705 ("Operation is not allowed when the object is open."), may have occurred when multiple membership categories were selected.
- FIX - (Ref. 73160) - Publish to MasterScoreboard; Unexpected error 9 ("Subscript out of range") may have occurred if new members were added during publishing.
- FIX - (Ref. 73161) - Publish to EGU CDH; Error 60 ("Invalid status for Away Player") returned from CDH when an Away player had been added to the database with their national id, but without a handicap award (CONGU Editions, England only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73162) - CONGU Handicapping; When closing a competition, players that have signed in but not entered any score and which the Apply Scores wizard converts to 'No Returns', were being included in the Competition Scratch Score calculation sometimes when they should not (Network edition, England and Wales only).
HandicapMaster 7.3.36 (Update Package 435) (22 March 2011)
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Druid's Heath" to list of courses in Ireland. Added "English Womens Golf Association" and "Allerton Ladies", changed "Cotgrave Place" to "The Nottinghamshire" and deleted "Birch Hall" from the England list of golf courses.
- AMEND - PINS; When the PIN length is changed (FILE menu select OPTIONS select MEMBERSHIP tab) a prompt is now displayed to select a new Visitor PIN range if one was previously allocated.
- FIX - (Ref. 73146) - Alternative day Competitions; Option to choose winner when two players tied after count-back was not offered when competition template had no "overall winners" configured.
- FIX - (Ref. 73147) - Player Entry; Unexpected error 80040E14 ("Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'COLUMN'") occurred when Player Entry was started from the desktop Icon and the database had already been updated to HandicapMaster version 8.
- FIX - (Ref. 73148) - Enter Scores; When entering team competition scores using the main HandicapMaster program (not Player Entry), if a program or network failure occurred whilst entering a scorecard, then the score for that team could not be re-entered as the players were no longer listed for that competition.
- FIX - (Ref. 73149) - Competitions; When applying scores for an Alternative Day and Multi-round competitions, request to split ties between players with 'No Return' could be displayed in error.
- FIX - (Ref. 73150) - Competition Scratch Score; The wrong CSS may be calculated when the following conditions occur (NETWORK edition only) (1) The competition scores have been entered using Player Entry on a computer that has not had its HandicapMaster software updated for over a year, and (2) The competition has been closed using a different PC, which has had its HandicapMaster software updated since December 1st 2010, and (3) HandicapMaster version 8 software has not been installed.
- FIX - (Ref. 73151) - Opening a new Competition; HandicapMaster could appear to lock up at the end of the Open a New Competition wizard when also configuring bookings for the competition (Premier and Network editions).
- FIX - (Ref. 73152) - Online Backups; When restoring a particularly large online backup file, the backup file could be corrupted on download.
- FIX - (Ref. 73153) - Online Backups; Unexpected error ("UE: 13 Type mismatch") when restoring an online backup that has a backup note that contained a comma.
HandicapMaster 7.3.35 (Update Package 434) (17 February 2011)
- AMEND - Changes to accommodate HandicapMaster version 8 being released.
HandicapMaster 7.3.34 (Update Package 433) (8 February 2011)
- NEW - Visitors; When adding or updating a Visitor record, the handicap status "active/inactive" for the player may now be set (CONGU editions and countries where Inactive Handicaps apply only). The handicap status held for visitors is now displayed in the list of Visitors.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Vipingo Ridge" to list of courses in Kenya, "Cruden Bay Ladies" and "University of St Andrews Ladies" to Scotland list and "Northumberland Veteran Ladies (Assn)" to England list. Removed "Bolton Open" from England list.
- FIX - (Ref. 73140) - Publish to Internet; When publishing to English, Scottish or Welsh Central Database of Handicaps and an Away member has been added to the local database with a national ID, but no handicap, the player’s handicap would not be correctly recorded as a result of checking Away players’ handicaps.
- FIX - (Ref. 73141) - Housekeeping; Custom option "Remove Past Members and Past Visitors" was also removing current Visitors in some circumstances.
- FIX - (Ref. 73142) - SGU CDH; During trials of the Scottish CDH, error 19 ("No Record Sheet Entries") could occur when publishing to the CDH.
- FIX - (Ref. 73143) - Integration; The 'Membership Update Problems' report was failing to report all update errors.
- FIX - (Ref. 73144) - Handicapping - Disability handicaps; It was not possible to record a General Play Adjustment for a member with a Disability Handicap where the adjustment resulted in a handicap greater than 28 for Men or 36 for Ladies. CONGU handicaps were NOT affected.
- FIX - (Ref. 73145) - Undo; Undoing a First Award/Handicap Brought Forward entry for a past member caused the member record to be undeleted in error.
- AMEND - Publish to Internet; When publishing to the EGU, SGU or GUW CDH, if a record is rejected by the CDH, the index number for the record entry causing the problem is now reported.
- FIX - (Ref. 73138) - SGU CDH; During trials of the Scottish CDH, error 23 ("Invalid or missing Handicap Record Revised Exact Handicap") occurred when a player's exact handicap was reported as "0". The SGU CDH requires a scratch handicap to be reported as "0.0".
- FIX - (Ref. 73139) - SGU CDH; During trials of the Scottish CDH, error 6 ("Overflow") could occur under some circumstances when managing records which have been allocated a national number.
- AMEND - Improved error message when failure to connect to HandicapMaster website when checking for software updates.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added 'Allegria' and 'Katameya Dunes' to Egypt list. Added 'Kilombero' to Tanzania list. Renamed 'Hereford Municipal' to 'Halo, Hereford' and deleted 'Oaksey Park' and 'Chedington Court' from England list.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Updated list of Scottish and Welsh courses, in this build only, for SGU and GUW CDH trials.
- AMEND - Publish Wizard; Internal amendment made to publishing to CDH's to prepare for SGU and GUW CDH trials.
- FIX - (Ref. 73133) - Competition Bookings; Bookings History data for an opened competition was not been deleted when the competition was cancelled.
- FIX - (Ref. 73134) - Callback log; Message 'Callback Service ID has not been recognised (as closing competition)' could be written to Callback log file in error.
- FIX - (Ref. 73135) - E-mail; Unexpected error "The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data." when entering a e-mail recipient with a very long name.
- FIX - (Ref. 73136) - Subscription Option; It was not possible to delete an unused Payment Category.
- FIX - (Ref. 73137) - EGU CDH; When two away scores for the same player at the same venue and from the same date were received out of sequence from the CDH, the ordering of the scores in the player's record could be out of sequence.
HandicapMaster Player Entry Program Library 7.3.31
- FIX - (Ref. 73132) - Magnetic Swipe Cards; Characters "/", "\" and "-" were not being recognised by Player Entry.
HandicapMaster 7.3.30 (Update Package 430) (1 December 2010)
- NEW - CONGU Handicapping Changes 2011; The following changes are effective from January 2011:
- There is no longer a limit to the number of 9 hole qualifying competition scores that a player may return in a single season.
- Category 1 Handicap Players may return Supplementary Scores.
- Supplementary Scores may be returned by any player, irrespective of the number of qualifying scores returned the previous season.
- The scores for those players with 'Inactive' Handicaps are excluded from the Competition Scratch Score calculation (Not applicable for Scotland and Ireland).
- Mixed Stableford and Par competitions; Change of method for equalising men's and ladies handicaps.
- NEW - When starting HandicapMaster, a report now displays detailing the handicapping changes for 2011 (CONGU Editions only).
- NEW - Magnetic Swipe Cards; Characters "/", "\" and "-" are added to the list of characters that HandicapMaster can recognise as header and trailer characters from a magnetic swipe card reader (Premier and Network editions only).
- AMEND - The software end date is extended to 2012, following inclusion of 2011 CONGU Handicap system changes.
- AMEND - Check for Updates Online: Access to the option 'Check for Program Updates when HandicapMaster is started.' may be restricted in Premier, Network and EGA-Premier Editions of HandicapMaster using Custom Access.
- AMEND - Backup on exiting HandicapMaster is displayed if 'Backup on close' selected and if the user id has 'Full Access' or 'View' or 'Update' access to the 'System Utilities' custom access option. (Premier, Network and EGA-Premier Editions only).
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added 'Lakeside (Garthmyl)'to Welsh list. Changed "Amida (The Hamptons)" to "David Lloyd Hampton Golf" and deleted "Barlborough Links" in England list.
- FIX - (Ref. 73128) – CONGU Inactive Handicaps; Report 'Possible candidates for Inactive Status' was failing to include "No Returns" where no score was entered into the computer for a player (CONGU Editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73129) - EGA Handicapping; Calculation of player's Playing Handicap could result in Handicap one stroke too high in some rare circumstances (EGA Editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73130) - Eclectics and Order of Merit; Task 'Reprint Eclectic Scores' was also recalculating the results of the Eclectic based on latest handicaps, in error. Likewise, 'Reprint Order of Merit Scores' was also recalculating the Order of Merit results in error too.
- FIX - (Ref. 73131) - Order of Merit; Some players could be missed off the Order of Merit report when results displayed in divisions (EGA Editions only).
HandicapMaster 7.3.29 (Update Package 429) (4 November 2010)
- NEW - Reports; New report 'Membership Update Problems' is added to membership reports where HandicapMaster is linked to an external membership system using the 'Remote Requests' interface.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; 'Lugalo' added to list of African golf clubs. "Elie & Earlsferry Ladies'" added to Scottish List. "Cranleigh Schools", "Mansfield Golf Centre" and "Northwest National" added to England list. "Barrow Hills", "Broadwater Park", "Clowance", "Milbrook" and "Twickenham" removed from England list.
- AMEND - Publish Wizard; Changes made to wizard to support testing of the SGU/SLGA Central Database of Handicaps service (CONGU editions, Scotland only).
- AMEND - Save Start Sheet to CSV file; the file save window now prompts to 'save' rather than 'open'
- FIX - (Ref. 73120) - Integration with External Membership System; Requests to clear out a member's e-mail address were ignored.
- FIX - (Ref. 73121) - E-mails sent report; Unexpected error 6 ("Overflow") occurred.
- FIX - (Ref. 73122) - Subscriptions Option; When recording ad-hoc payments and a payment item was added it appeared that the payment amount could be adjusted when adding the payment item rather than by selecting 'Edit Item' to edit the amount.
- FIX - (Ref. 73123) - EGA Handicapping; Wrong score for handicapping was being calculated for second and subsequent rounds of 36+ hole competitions, where handicaps were held at first round handicap values (EGA handicap editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73124) - EWGA Medals; In some situations such as where scores have been entered using a Player Entry system on which the HandicapMaster software has not been updated for many months, some scores could be excluded from the EWGA Medal results report (CONGU Editions, England only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73125) – Visitors; In one situation it was possible for the “National ID” field to be displayed, in error, when running the Society and EGA editions of HandicapMaster.
- FIX - (Ref. 73126) - Player Entry; Unexpected error 402 "Must close or hide topmost modal form first" could occur when displaying the “My Golf” screen.
- FIX - (Ref. 73127) – Match Play KO Draw; When using option 'Change Draw' to update an existing KO draw, the choice as to whether the draw is published to Master Scoreboard was not being remembered.
HandicapMaster 7.3.28 (Update Package 428) (22 September 2010)
- AMEND - E-mails; When e-mailing reports directly from HandicapMaster, the attachment filename is modified to strip out some characters that can cause issues with some e-mail systems. The contents of the attachment are not modified.
- AMEND - Knock-out Competitions; The right-click menu option to change a player in a KO Draw is extended to allow a player of "unknown" to be changed.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Amended "Warren (Cheshire) Ladies" to "Warren Ladies (Wirral)" in England list and removed "Sandwell Valley Artisans".
- FIX - (Ref. 73111) - Edit Member; Unexpected Error 35600 ("Index out of bounds") could occur when editing the record of a player with a duplicate membership card number.
- FIX - (Ref. 73112) – Ireland GOLFnet CDH; If a player changes National ID (GOLFnet number) then incoming Away scores for that player may not be processed by HandicapMaster (CONGU Editions, Ireland only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73113) - CONGU Annual Review Report; Running this report in October would use data from the previous season in error.
- FIX - (Ref. 73114) - Subscriptions option; Unexpected error 94 ("Invalid use of Null") happened under some circumstances when you ran the 'All payment Transactions' report.
- FIX - (Ref. 73115) - Visitors; "Has National Number" option was being displayed for some countries without a national handicap register, in error.
- FIX - (Ref. 73116) - Publish to Kenya Golf Network; After successfully publishing to the Kenya Golf Network server, HandicapMaster would still prompt to upload to the server upon exit, in error (CONGU Editions, Kenya only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73117) - Subscriptions option; When you voided a partial refund the associated invoice or subscription may have been incorrectly set to overdue status.
- FIX - (Ref. 73118) - EGU CDH; If a change to an Away Member's Handicap was received from the CDH, HandicapMaster would prompt to re-publish to the CDH on exit, in error (CONGU Editions, England only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73119) - Users; It was possible to change the security settings for the ADMIN user (Premier and Network editions only)
HandicapMaster 7.3.27 (Update Package 427) (31 August 2010)
- AMEND – EGU CDH; Club “No Home Club” is added to list of golf courses to cater for the situation where a player is reported as no longer having a Home Club for their Handicap on the EGU CDH.
- AMEND – EGU CDH; Automatic removal of the National ID of a player from the player’s record, if the EGU CDH reports that the ID has been deleted from the national system, is added.
- AMEND – EGU CDH; Improved User message when checking player record on CDH and CDH has handicap for player as ‘Unknown’.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Denver", "Halfpenny Green", "Rockliffe Hall" and "Far Grange" to England list (and amended "Belfry" to "The Belfry").
- FIX - (Ref. 73099) - Save Report; Unexpected error 80040201 ("Control is empty") occurred when saving a report to PDF format if the report was empty.
- FIX - (Ref. 73100) - Subscriptions Option; List of Subscription or Invoice Templates did not correctly display the template totals.
- FIX - (Ref. 73101) - Player Entry Sign In; Optional competition fee payment was not being deducted by Callback if main competition fee was zero (Premier and Network editions).
- FIX - (Ref. 73102) – Competition Results report; Twos (and Holes in One) were not correctly reported for FBBB and Am/Am three and four player team competitions when more than one 2 (or 1) scored by the same team at the same hole.
- FIX - (Ref. 73103) – EGU CDH; in some circumstances players could be allocated new National ID’s, even though all players were unselected from list of players to have ID’s allocated, when publishing to the CDH.
- FIX - (Ref. 73104) – Competition Fees; In some circumstances, Undoing a competition could cause refunds to be raised for other competitions too (Premier editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73105) – EGU CDH and GOLFnet CDH; When a venue that does not have a national ID was used for a competition, the user would be asked, repeatedly, which club this course represented. The question is now only asked once.
- FIX - (Ref. 73106) – E-mail; Unexpected Error 80040E14 ("Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression...") when deleting a user defined e-mail recipient with an apostrophe in their name.
- FIX - (Ref. 73107) - Bookings; When booking into a future competition is configured to use both Player Entry and the Master Scoreboard website then if the name of a competition contained a pound £ or euro € symbol then it was not possible to book into the competition using Player Entry.
- FIX - (Ref. 73108) - Publish to Ireland GOLFnet; Unexpected Error occurred in module 'in clss_HandicapRecordEntry/PutRecord' if a competition was in the process of having scores applied on one computer and the 'Publish to Internet' Wizard was started on another computer.
- FIX - (Ref. 73109) – Player Entry Leader Board; When running with more than one competition to display, the leader board could switch to a new competition whilst continuing to display the players and scores for the previous competition. This could happen when the new competition was split into divisions and no scores were entered for Division 1.
- FIX - (Ref. 73110) – Apply Scores; Unexpected error 6 (“Overflow”) could occur in module “modHM_Competitions/ScoringAnalysis_CalculateData” when applying scores for a competition (single round) containing a large number of player’s scores (typically over 350 players).
HandicapMaster 7.3.26 (Update Package 426) (21 July 2010)
- FIX - (Ref. 73098) – Competition Results; Players who have a “No Score Recorded” score entered for a Stableford or Par/Bogey competition were displayed with score “999” at top of results page.
HandicapMaster 7.3.25 (Update Package 425) (20 July 2010)
- NEW - EGU CDH; Customers who have been publishing to the EGU CDH will now be asked if they wish to publish to the CDH as they exit HandicapMaster, if Handicap Records have changed since they last published to the CDH (CONGU Editions, England only).
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Chingford Ladies" and "Heythrop Park Resort", plus amended 'White Lodge (Ladies)' to 'White Lodge' and "Waterbeach" to "Waterbeach Barracks" in England list. Added "St Andrews - Castle" to Scotland list.
- AMEND - Apply Scores; When running the Apply Scores wizard to close a competition and there are one or more players who have signed in, but not entered a score, HandicapMaster will now issue a warning before raising a “No Return” for these players (Premier and Network editions only).
- AMEND - Configure Player Entry; The Range of offset values for positioning Golf AutoScore™ scorecard printing have been increased for use with new Golf AutoScore™ Card printers.
- AMEND - Golf AutoScore™ Plug-In; Score card template added to support Xerox™ 8560 printer.
- FIX - (Ref. 73093) - CONGU Handicapping; In a multi-round medal competition where first round handicaps were being retained for all rounds, for competition purposes, clause 19 adjustments were being based on first round handicaps (rather than handicaps on the day of each round) in error.
- FIX – (Ref. 73094) – Player Entry Sign In; When displaying the handicap strokes to be received by a player or team as they sign in, in some circumstances this could be displayed as 0 in error (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX – (Ref. 73095) – Sending E-mails; HandicapMaster would fail if an attachment was added to the e-mail which another process (say Microsoft Word) already had opened.
- FIX - (Ref. 73096) - Reconfigure Bookings Arrangements; Unexpected error 381 ("Invalid Array Index") was reported as occurring in an unspecified situation (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73097) - Golf AutoScore™ Plug-In: Unexpected error 8004D00E ("You tried to commit or rollback a transaction without first beginning a transaction") occurred when reading a card. (Premier and Network editions only).
HandicapMaster 7.3.24 (Update Package 424) (29 June 2010)
- AMEND - Player Entry Sign In; Both player's names are now displayed on screen when signing into a Pairs competition (Premier and Network editions only).
- AMEND - Configure Opened Competition; It is now possible to reconfigure an already-opened Four Ball Better Ball competition, even if scores have already been entered.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; When checking Handicaps of Away members or checking details of Visitors, an additional validation check is added to reject data where the Exact and Playing Handicaps as reported are inconsistent (CONGU Editions, England only).
- AMEND - EGU CDH; When publishing data for “Visitors”, a change is made so that the Home Club status of the player on the CDH is not affected if the “Visitor” is a member of the club publishing to the CDH. For example, if separate databases are maintained for Men and Ladies at the club and “visitors” are used to represent players in the opposite database (CONGU Editions, England only).
- AMEND - EGU CDH; The connection report now details the venue and date of any Away score previously received and processed from the CDH (CONGU Editions, England only).
- AMEND - GOLFnet; When receiving Away scores and a score is accepted, but there is already a score for the player for that day, it is now possible to avoid applying the score to the player’s record when the ‘possible duplicate’ warning message is displayed (CONGU Editions, Ireland only).
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Amended "Richmond Park (Surrey)" and "Putney Park" in England list. Added "Fernhill" to Ireland list.
- FIX - (Ref. 73090) - Book a Future Competition; Second or subsequent player selected for team competition could be booked into the same future competition more than once (Network and Premier Editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73091) - Entering Scores; Value zero was not displayed in the Points column on the Scorecard screens.
- FIX - (Ref. 73092) - EGU CDH; When checking Handicaps for Away members, the wrong player's name could be reported when an Away Handicap was updated.
HandicapMaster 7.3.23 (Update Package 423) (3 June 2010)
- NEW - Options; Button 'Create Automatic Backup' is added to the 'Database' tab in OPTIONS, to allow an automatic backup to be forced, as required.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; When checking the handicap of a visitor or Away member, the player's names are no longer amended to match the CDH if already present in the HandicapMaster database.
- AMEND - Subscriptions Option; Income Received report now includes details of member account balance payments when used to partly pay Subscriptions.
- AMEND - Membership Age Group; Once a custom Age Group (Age Group 'Other (1)' or 'Other (2)') is set, the age group is no longer automatically changed back to Junior, Adult or Senior because a Date of Birth is present in the player’s record.
- FIX - (Ref. 73081) - Record Away Scores; When entering 'non-qualifying' away scores, a Competition Scratch Score (CONGU editions) or Competition Stableford Adjustment (EGA Editions) value was being requested in error.
- FIX - (Ref. 73082) - EGU CDH; Visitors with National Numbers were being marked as Away Members on the CDH, in error (CONGU Editions, England only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73083) - Entering Scores; Unexpected error 6 ("Overflow") when some players had signed in, then the date on the computer was reset to a date years many in the past (e.g. due to computer failure and BIOS cleared out).
- FIX - (Ref. 73084) - Online backups; In some circumstances after backing up to a local backup and then exiting HandicapMaster without taking a further backup the online service passcode value was not retained within HandicapMaster and needed to be re-entered.
- FIX - (Ref. 73085) - EGU CDH; Where away scores were being received from the CDH which contained ampersand (“&”) characters in the competition name, this data was being sent corrupt by the CDH, causing display problems in reports in HandicapMaster (CONGU Editions, England only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73086) - Subscriptions Option; Unexpected error 35602 ("Key is not unique in collection") When recording an ad-hoc payment and you selected a payment item twice.
- FIX - (Ref. 73087) - Edit Member; 'Date Renewed', 'Date Expires' and 'Date Subscription Paid' fields were showing as 30th December 1899 when not set (Society Edition only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73088) - Edit Member; It was not possible to clear a Date of Birth, once saved in a player’s membership record.
- FIX - (Ref. 73089) – Order of Merit; When allocating points for Stroke-play (Medal) competitions, with option 'Where two or more players tie, share points equally' selected, players scoring “No Return” were each given different amount of points, rather than having points shared equally amongst all players scoring “No Return”.
HandicapMaster 7.3.22 (Update Package 422) (11 May 2010)
- NEW - Kenya Golf Network; Add facility for golf clubs in Kenya to publish results to the national Kenya Golf Network web site (CONGU editions only).
- AMEND - Subscriptions Option; Account Balance may no longer be imported using FILE -> PLAYERS -> IMPORT, any Account Balance values in the import file will be ignored.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; The check for updates to 'Away' member handicaps is amended to display the handicap adjustments to screen as these are processed (CONGU Editions, England only).
- AMEND – Open a new Competition; The 'First Round Date' (when competition is 'Second, Third or Subsequent Round of Competition') now always defaults to 'AM' when first selected.
- AMEND - Results Reports; When Twos are listed on result reports the sum of Twos, and Holes in One are displayed.
- AMEND – Player Entry Sign In; Add balance check after optional competition fee payment selection. Add logging if a callback overruns. Amend processing of a Player’s Sign In to be less susceptible to network errors (Premier and Network editions).
- AMEND - Player Entry Booking; When using callback to check funds, confirmation displayed if player does not have sufficient funds to enter competition (Premier and Network editions).
- AMEND - Letters; The List box for Distribution Lists is now resized as the Letters window is resized.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Waterfront" and "Ashridge Artisans", and amended "Kirkby", "Waldringfield" and "Walmley" in England list.
- AMEND - "Welcome to HandicapMaster 2010" report; This report is no longer displayed when HandicapMaster is started.
- FIX - (Ref. 73072) - EGU CDH; It was not possible to complete the Publish wizard to the CDH if there were 'Visitors' with the same Home club as the club uploading to the CDH and without National ID's, whilst at the same time all Home members already had National ID's allocated (CONGU Editions, England only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73073) - Subscriptions Option; When housekeeping is run the member's account balance was not recalculated.
- FIX - (Ref. 73074) - Subscriptions Option; When importing membership details where there is no 'Account Balance' value the member's balance was set to zero.
- FIX - (Ref. 73075) - When configuring an Order of Merit, it was possible to select option "Use Overall Results for 'Multiple Round' or 'Alternative Day' competitions" together with option "Where two or more players tie, share points equally", even though option "Use Overall Results..." is not supported in this situation.
- FIX - (Ref. 73076) - EGU CDH; Option to check Away Members' Handicaps using the CDH could be turned off internally, in error, as a result of the publishing Handicap records and Away Scores in some circumstances (CONGU Editions, England only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73077) - EGU CDH; Unexpected error 5 ("Invalid procedure call or argument") happened under some circumstances if no data was selected for publishing to the CDH (CONGU Editions, England only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73078) - Configure Player Entry Wizard; When selecting COM port for GolfAutoscore(TM) card reader if COM5 or COM6 were selected the next time the wizard was run this value was incorrectly displayed as COM1 (Premier and Network editions).
- FIX - (Ref. 73079) - Player Entry Sign In; Players could have been informed that they had signed in, even though a Network error had occurred and the Sign-in had failed (Premier and Network editions).
- FIX – (Ref. 73080) – Printing Scorecards at Sign In; The same Scorecard Issue Number could be generated for two or more scorecards, if networking errors occurred during the Sign In process (Premier and Network editions).
HandicapMaster 7.3.21 (Update Package 421) (22 April 2010)
- FIX - (Ref. 73071) - GOLFnet; All incoming away scores were being marked as Unsafe, even when valid (defect in build 7.3.20) (CONGU Editions, Ireland only).
HandicapMaster 7.3.20 (Update Package 420) (20 April 2010)
- NEW - EGU CDH/GOLFnet; When displaying incoming Away scores, you may now view the Handicap Record of the player concerned before choosing whether to apply the score (CONGU Editions, England and Ireland only).
- AMEND - Edit Member/Visitor; When it is not possible to set a PIN number for a player because it has already been used for another player, HandicapMaster now reports which player record is already using the PIN number in the message on screen.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Add "Scarke" to Ireland list. Amend "Kings Wood Centre" and removed "Acanthus" from England List.
- FIX – (Ref. 73069) – EGU CDH; ‘Reduction Only’ Competition Scratch Score status of incoming Away scores was not being recognised and not applied to player’s handicap records. Any affected Away scores received again will automatically be corrected by the system (CONGU Editions, England only).
- FIX – (Ref. 73070) – Cancelling Scorecard or Competition; A database timeout occurring when cancelling a scorecard or opened competition for a team event could prevent some players from subsequently entering scores.
HandicapMaster 7.3.19 (16 April 2010)
- NEW - Start Sheet Labels; Labels of type "ZEBRA Label - 38 x 25 mm, Continuous Roll" is added to list of supported label types (Premier and Network editions).
- AMEND - EGU CDH; The Publish to Internet wizard is amended to improve publishing to the EGU CDH. The options when running the wizard are simplified. Also, the wizard now identifies any players who do not have a national ID, and are eligible for an ID, and prompts whether to allocate numbers for these players.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Amend "Leeds Golf Centre", "Gloucester" and "Putney Park" in England List.
- AMEND - Integration with External Membership System; When using Remote Request the administrator facility to delete members has been removed.
- FIX - (Ref. 73063) - Re-configure Competition; Unexpected error 94 ("Invalid use of Null") occurred in some circumstances when re-configuring an opened competition where scorecards had previously entered on a different PC, where different updates of HandicapMaster were in use on different PC's in the network, one or more running update 7.3.17 or 7.3.18 (Network edition only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73064) - Configure Player Entry Wizard; For clubs in Ireland the option 'When Visitors type their GOLFnet number, find from Downloaded List of Players' may be ticked under some circumstances. This setting will be saved when you finish the Configure Player Entry Wizard, however the next time you ran the Configure Player Entry Wizard the setting was un-ticked regardless of its saved value and had to be re-ticked if this facility was required. (Ireland clubs only)
- FIX - (Ref. 73065) - Undelete Member or Visitor; After un-deleting a Member or Visitor, the player's PIN number could be negative in error.
- FIX - (Ref. 73066) - Player Entry; For clubs in Ireland, the GOLFnet Player File download was not offered, even when selected (Club Edition Users, Ireland, only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73067) - Player Entry; Layout of screen for booking into future competition where booking into time blocks was corrupted by text overlaying the list of players already booked in (Premier and Network Editions).
- FIX - (Ref. 73068) – Apply Scores; It was possible to apply scores for a team competition even when a player with a score in the competition no longer held a handicap (such as when their handicap award had been undone), in error.
HandicapMaster 7.3.18 (Update Package 418) (7 April 2010)
- NEW - EGU CDH; HandicapMaster now checks and updates "Away" member handicaps using their latest handicaps listed on the CDH, when publishing to the CDH.
- NEW - Start Sheet Labels; Labels of type PLL-36 (70mm x 24.7mm, 36 per Sheet) is added to list of supported label types (Premier and Network editions).
- NEW - Match Play Knock Out Draws; Option to print to A3 size paper is added (see REPORTS menu, LAYOUT AND OPTIONS, COMPETITION REPORTS).
- AMEND - EGU CDH; Overseas Players who do not have an English CDH number are no longer reported in the connection report as warnings. (CONGU Editions, England, only).
- AMEND - EGU CDH; Resolved Error 62 from CDH when publishing records for players who have changed home clubs (following change in data specification for CDH service).
- AMEND - Order of Merit; An Icon is added to the list of competitions displayed to include in an Order of Merit (the same Icon as the Opened Competitions list, identifying men's only and ladies only competitions).
- AMEND - Integration with External Membership System; When using LoadCSV interface, the membership records will no longer be updated if the CSV file arrives listing no members (i.e. is empty). (Premier and Network Editions, only)
- AMEND - Golf Courses; 5 amendments and 28 new associations added to England list of clubs and courses. 1 new club added to Ireland list.
- AMEND - Player Entry; Following the issue of new GOLFnet smart cards to golfers in Ireland, the following amendments are made (CONGU Editions, Ireland only):
- Option to download and use the GOLFnet Player Files to help automatic registering of Visitors to HandicapMaster is extended to all CONGU Handicapping editions of HandicapMaster.
- Due to technical difficulties with the manufacture of GOLFnet cards (being supplied to golfers in Ireland in Spring 2010) it is not possible to automatically register Visitors to HandicapMaster when they insert their GOLFnet card into a Chip reader if the card is an Issue 40 card (Spring 2010), unless the option to download GOLFnet Player Files is also used.
- Expiry date for older GUI-issued GOLFnet cards no longer being accepted is set to 1st October 2010 (with warnings displayed from 1st July 2010 when an older GOLFnet card is presented in a chip reader). Men's GOLFnet cards only.
- AMEND - New/Edit Member record; When updating the 'Post Code' field, data is converted to uppercase when it is similar to the start of a UK post code.
- AMEND - Subscriptions Option; Listing of Subscription or Invoice Templates now contain details of the template totals.
- AMEND - Issue Handicap Award; Question "Written authority of the NATIONAL UNION or AREA AUTHORITY is required before a category 1 handicap can be allotted. Has authority been received?" is no longer asked when transferring a handicap from another club (CONGU and EGA Handicapping editions).
- FIX - (Ref. 73050) - Edit Scorecard; Unexpected error 94 ("Invalid use of Null") occurred in some circumstances when editing a scorecard previously entered on a different PC, where different updates of HandicapMaster were in use on different PC's in the network, one or more running update 7.3.17 (Network edition only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73051) - Online backups; In some circumstances after backing up to the online service and then restoring the backup just sent the passcode value was not retained. (Club and Premier editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73052) - Check for Program updates; In some circumstances, updates to library files were missed by the update check, or were displayed as new version 0.0.0 by the 'Publish to Internet' wizard.
- FIX - (Ref. 73053) - Subscriptions Option; Unexpected error 35602 ("Key is not unique in collection") trying to add a Payment Item to a Subscription or Invoice template, where that Payment Item had already been added to the template.
- FIX – (Ref. 73054) - Player Entry; Names of Visitors were sometimes registered backwards when auto-registering players using their GOLFnet cards (some Issue 40 GOLFnet cards, distributed to golfers in Spring 2010, only) due to a manufacturing defect with this issue of GOLFnet cards.
- FIX - (Ref. 73055) - Player Entry; Visitors added through Player Entry using their GOLFnet cards or GOLFnet numbers were not given a PIN number in the restricted range, if restricted PIN number range in operation (CONGU Editions, Ireland, only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73056) - Integration with External Membership System; When using LoadCSV interface, an Unexpected Error 80040E14 ("There is already an object named 'EXTERNAL_CONTACTS' in the database") could occur in an exceptional circumstance (Premier and Network editions).
- FIX - (Ref. 73057) - Subscriptions Option; Unexpected error 94 ("Invalid use of Null") occurred under rare circumstances when running the Payment History report.
- FIX - (Ref. 73058) - Subscriptions Option; Account Balance was incorrectly calculated for members who had refund transactions in their transaction history.
- FIX - (Ref. 73059) - Player Entry; When selecting players from a list if names, if an Ireland GOLFnet card was inserted into a reader or a membership card was swiped through a reader, the card number was not recognised.
- FIX - (Ref. 73060) - Subscriptions Option; When refunding a subscription or invoice under some circumstances the subscription and payment being refunded were not correctly updated to indicate the refund had been made.
- FIX - (Ref. 73061) - General; Unexpected error 5 ("Invalid procedure call or argument Query: SELECT USER_VALUE FROM SETTINGS WHERE [SECTION] = 'Database' AND [KEY] = 'MaxCopiesToAutoSave') could occur when Windows was shut down whilst HandicapMaster was left running.
- FIX - (Ref. 73062) - Order of Merit; Players would not receive all of their points due, when OOM using points allocation where players finish in competitions with option 'Where two or more players tie, share points equally' and one or more players with winning scores were disqualified.
HandicapMaster 7.3.17 (Update Package 417) (18 March 2010)
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Deleted "Iford", added "Southampton Ladies" and "Shendish Manor", amended the names of 6 entries and added 35 Ladies' County Golf Associations to the list of England clubs. Amended the names of 7 and removed 39 entries from the list of Scottish clubs. Amended "Killerig" and added "Silloge Park" to the list of Ireland clubs.
- AMEND - Letter Writer; 'Playing Handicap' field will now include suffix (i) for inactive handicaps, and (*) for lapsed handicaps where applicable.
- AMEND - Player Entry; Name of player making a Booking into a future competition is now displayed on Booking screens in Player Entry (Premier and Network editions only).
- AMEND - Options; The System Home Club is now displayed with a Yellow or Red flag and National ID for that club alongside on the Options window, without need to click 'Change Home Club' button to check these items (CONGU editions only).
- AMEND - Subscriptions Option; The 'View Invoice' and 'View Subscription' page layout has been improved to display more data.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; HandicapMaster will no longer report error 45 returned from the CDH (Duplicate Local ID for players). Rather, it will resend the player details without the local player ID, avoiding the error.
- AMEND - Integration with External Membership System; When using LoadCSV interface, membership records are now only be refreshed when the received membership file is recognised as being different in content compared to the previous time it was processed.
- AMEND - CONGU Annual Review Report; Note added alongside report selection to highlight report only available during the months of October to February (CONGU Handicapping editions).
- AMEND - Analyse Scores Entered; In the CONGU Handicapping editions of HandicapMaster, the "analyse scores entered" list for an opened singles competition now displays the status of the player's handicap when the scorecard was entered (Note: Scorecards entered using an earlier version of HandicapMaster may not have the correct status displayed in some cases).
- AMEND - Ladies Medals report - England only; This report no longer includes any scores for players known to have held an Inactive Handicap at the time the score was entered, for clubs in England (only). This follows a change in competition regulations for "EWGA Medals" for 2010 by EWGA (CONGU handicapping editions only). Note: Only scores entered with this, or a later update, of HandicapMaster will correctly be identified as 'Inactive' where appropriate.
- AMEND - First Run Wizard; After installing HandicapMaster Network edition, it is no longer possible to select a different edition by mistake in the First Run wizard.
- FIX - (Ref. 73038) – Subscriptions Option; Account Balance; The account balance of a member was incorrectly calculated where there were multiple subscriptions or invoices raised for the same gross total.
- FIX - (Ref. 73039) - Bookings; The Bookings Template 'Web Site Public Notice' item was being ignored, in error, when configuring bookings for a competition when using Bookings in conjunction with Master Scoreboard web site (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73040) - Bookings; Changes made to the Tee Times available in the Bookings Template wizard using the "Select All" and "Clear All" buttons were not saved when the wizard was completed (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73041) - Subscriptions Option; Subscription Template; Where there were two Payment Items in the same Payment Category and with the same description, it was not possible to select the second Payment Item.
- FIX - (Ref. 73042) - Handicap Records; Scores for 9 hole non-qualifying competitions (i.e. not using CONGU 9 Hole Handicapping) were being recorded in handicap records with 18 additional points, in error (CONGU Handicapping editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73043) - EGA Annual Review report; When option to turn off the Competition Stableford Adjustment calculation had been used, calculations for the Annual Review report were corrupted (EGA Handicap Editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73044) - Start Sheets; Option 'Keep Pairs Together' did not work when randomising teams on a Start Sheet and the competition draw was for a Shot-Gun start, also causing Unexpected Error 9 ("Invalid Column Index") occasionally.
- FIX - (Ref. 73045) - First Run Wizard; When first installing HandicapMaster, the first run wizard was initially setting the region to England, even when the Home Club selected was for another country (CONGU Handicapping editions).
- FIX - (Ref. 73046) - Configure Player Entry Wizard; Some settings for how players identify themselves were lost if BACK button used to return to the page of choices when running the wizard.
- FIX - (Ref. 73047) - HandicapMaster Registration; When an additional Network edition client PC has HandicapMaster installed and was connected to an existing HandicapMaster database it was possible for the registration to switch into trial mode. (Network Edition only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73048) - Importing Membership Records; Appending a star ("*") to the handicap of a player when importing membership records for players in Scotland to signify a lapsed handicap was not working (CONGU Handicapping editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73049) - Subscriptions Option; Raise Invoices; Unexpected error 80040E14 ("Syntax error (missing operator) in query expression") when invoices raised for membership groups.
HandicapMaster 7.3.16 (Update Package 416) (18 February 2010)
- FIX - (Ref. 73037) - CONGU Handicapping; Handicap Adjustments in records prior to 2008 were incorrectly reset to zero, causing affected players' handicaps to be corrupted (error introduced in HandicapMaster version 7.3.15).
HandicapMaster 7.3.15 (Update Package 415) (17 February 2010)
- NEW - Handicapping Reports; New report 'Inactive Handicaps', ('Lapsed Handicaps' in Scotland) has been added which lists those members with an inactive (or lapsed in Scotland) handicap.
- NEW - Integration with External Membership System; When using LoadCSV interface, an option is added to truncate First Name's to first word of First name data only.
- AMEND - Import; Two new columns 'Scores Current Season' and 'Scores Last Season' are added to the IMPORT file format for setting the correct handicap status when importing CONGU handicaps. Importing Handicaps as "Inactive" by appending a letter "i" to the Exact Handicap is no longer supported.
- AMEND - Sending E-mails; Text being entered to send as body of e-mail will now scroll to next line (rather than continue on same line) when overflowing width of window.
- AMEND - Letters; New 'Date Of Birth' field has been added.
- AMEND - Edit Member; Improved the support of custom access so that a User ID with update handicapping custom access may modify handicapping details of a player without requiring membership update custom access. (Premier and Network Editions only).
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Deleted "Aspect Park", "Bentham (Ladies)" and "Fleming Park" from England list. Amend entries for "Aldridge Artisans", "Boothferry", "The Burley", "Lindrick Artisans" and "RAF Cottesmore" in England list.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; HandicapMaster will no longer report Juniors with Club Handicaps as missing national ID's in the connection report.
- FIX - (Ref. 73030) - CONGU Handicapping; Active/Inactive Handicap status was not being reassessed automatically 12 months after a Player received their first handicap award (England and Wales only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73031) - Unexpected error 5 ("Invalid procedure call or argument") when restoring a local backup and you selected "No" to the restore.
- FIX - (Ref. 73032) - Closed Competitions list; Menu item "History of Bookings" was displayed on right-click menu in error when running Club or Society HandicapMaster editions.
- FIX - (Ref. 73033) - Edit member; If an AWAY member was converted to a Home club member on the Handicapping tab, and a new handicapping record was NOT started for the member, the member's handicap record was not correctly adjusted.
- FIX - (Ref. 73034) - Bookings; Players suspended from competitions could still book into future competitions online through Master Scoreboard (Premier and Network Editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73035) - Competition Bookings Report; Players on the report were shown as 'Unknown' in error, when bookings were into blocks of times and also included booking online through Master Scoreboard (Premier and Network Editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73036) - CONGU Handicapping; Where a player had their Home Club changed during 2009, one or more of their qualifying scores could have been be missed from the count towards three scores for an ‘Active’ Handicap (England and Wales only).
HandicapMaster Player Entry Program Library 7.3.14 (Update Package 414) (28 January 2010)
- FIX - (Ref. 73029) - Player Entry; Upon start-up, screen requesting confirmation of 'CONGU Region' could be displayed in error (CONGU Handicapping Editions only).
HandicapMaster 7.3.13 (Update Package 413) (25 January 2010)
- AMEND - CONGU Handicapping; Regulatory change to Active/Inactive Handicapping to count all No Returns from competitions in 2009 towards the three needed for an Active Handicap (CONGU England and Wales editions only).
- AMEND - Start Sheets; Handicaps of Players that are 'Inactive' now show with "i" alongside the handicap in Start Sheets grid, report and labels (CONGU England and Wales editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73023) - Export; Export File column layout could be corrupted when a membership Category name (or some other values) included a comma.
- FIX - (Ref. 73024) - Issue Handicap; In some circumstances, it was possible to enter an initial handicap award to two decimal places, in error.
- FIX - (Ref. 73025) - Online Bookings; Unexpected Error 76 ("Path not found") occurred under some circumstances when using Online Bookings for the first time on a computer.
- FIX - (Ref. 73026) - Online Backups; Error restoring a backup. This would happen when trying to restore the first backup taken either after activating the service, or restoring the first backup taken from a new installation of HandicapMaster on your computer.
- FIX - (Ref. 73027) - Handicap List report; In some circumstances, the last player could be missed from the report if they were the only player to be listed on the final page of the report.
- FIX - (Ref. 73028) - CONGU Handicapping; Qualifying scores returned away from the Home Club were not being counted towards a player's three scores required for an 'Active' handicap (CONGU England and Wales editions only).
HandicapMaster 7.3.12 (Update Package 412) (12 January 2010)
- NEW - Integration with External Membership System; When using LoadCSV interface, an option is added to pad out Card Number data with leading zeros, if data being imported is numeric rather than characters.
- NEW - EGA Handicapping; Option to turn off Competition Stableford Adjustment (CSA) calculations is added (EGA Editions only).
- NEW - 'Lowest Handicap Held During Previous Season' report; This report is enhanced with additional information relating to number of qualifying scores returned, plus start and end handicaps held during the year (and change in handicap).
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added new region called "Middle East". Moved Egypt clubs to this region. Added "Makadi", "Royal Valley" and "Taba Heights" to Middle East (Egypt) list and added Lebanon and Israel clubs "Caesarea" and "Gaash" to Middle East list. Amended "Wirral Ladies" and "Cobtree Manor" and added 29 ladies-only clubs to England list. Removed 'Staythorpe'.
- AMEND - Add New Golf Club; This window is amended to display the list of regions in a drop-down list. When adding a new club, the default region is now the same region as the System Home Club.
- AMEND - Send Diagnostic Files to Support; Some additional logs files included to improve the support offered by HandicapMaster Support.
- AMEND - HandicapMaster Online Updates; The online update log file is now being house kept to prevent it from getting too large.
- AMEND - Issue Handicap; Text for 'handicap transferred from different Handicap system' option clarified in Issue Handicap window.
- AMEND - Integration with External Membership System; When using LoadCSV interface, field values of "" are now processed as blanks.
- FIX - (Ref. 73009) - Enter Scores; When Windows display settings are set to 120 DPI, the scorecard background was not being drawn the correct size, when entering scores.
- FIX - (Ref. 73017) - Team Competitions; Total Stableford Points or Par Result was miscalculated for 3 and 4 player Team and Aggregate Pairs competitions, when one or more scores on any hole counting towards the total score was a No Return.
- FIX - (Ref. 73018) - UNDO; When amending an existing 'Handicap Brought Forward' entry in a player's record, a previous setting for number of qualifying scores returned in the current season or number of scores required to avoid a lapsed handicap was not displayed.
- FIX - (Ref. 73019) - Golf AutoScore™ Plug-In: Unexpected error 8004D00E ("You tried to commit or rollback a transaction without first beginning a transaction") occurred when cancelling more than a single score card that had been read by the Golf AutoScore™ reader.
- FIX - (Ref. 73020) - Subscription Option: Invalid Payment date was being displayed for unpaid payments in Subscription and Invoices.
- FIX - (Ref. 73021) - Unexpected error 80040E14 ("Syntax error (comma) in query expression") could occur when running EGA Editions in some countries such as Serbia. (EGA Editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 73022) - Online Backup Service; Error "Upload: Failed" when sending a backup file to the Online Backup Service from a computer running Windows XP.(PC's running Windows Vista and Windows 7 were not affected).
HandicapMaster 7.3.11 (Update Package 411) (23 December 2009)
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Usk Valley" to Wales list, "Boringdon Park" and "EGU Championships" to England list and "Golf City" to Egypt List. Remove duplicate "Robin Hood" entry from England list.
- AMEND - Improved detection of possible upload and download data corruption when using the Online backup Service.
- AMEND - Subscription Option; Subscription Details report, the 'First payment Date' is now included, with dates in the past indicated in bold.
- FIX - (Ref. 73002) - Best-of Series Wizard; Results based on Par (Bogey) competitions were not listed in 'rounds played' then 'best score' order, as required.
- FIX - (Ref. 73003) - EGA Club Edition; Tee Colours "Orange" and "Black" were unavailable for new competitions and for Eclectic competitions with casual cards.
- FIX - (Ref. 73004) - Start Sheets; Player could be missed when doing a 'balanced draw' with an uneven number of players for 3 or 4 player team competition.
- FIX - (Ref. 73005) - Online Backup Service; Error 55 ("File already open") sometimes occurred when restoring a file.
- FIX - (Ref. 73006) - Subscriptions Option; HandicapMaster may have failed to start if at an earlier date a Payment Category was deleted while still allocated to Payment Items. This only affected Premier and Network editions with the Subscription Option, and then only in some limited cases.
- FIX - (Ref. 73007) - Online Bookings with Master Scoreboard; Where a Visitor has been booked into a competition using HandicapMaster program, the player was not listed in bookings list in HandicapMaster.
- FIX - (Ref. 73008) - Player Entry; Leaderboard was not being removed when last competition was applied and option "Only show Leaderboard when one or more competitions are underway" was selected.
- FIX - (Ref. 73009) - Enter Scores; In a few isolated cases, the scorecard background was reported as not being drawn the correct size when entering scores.
- FIX - (Ref. 73010) - Enter Scores; For Team competitions, with handicap allowance to one decimal place, the score confirmation box on the scorecard screen was not showing the allowance and nett total to one decimal place.
- FIX - (Ref. 73011) - Subscriptions Option; Subscription Template. When editing a Subscription Template with a First Payment date prior to 1st January 2008, the first payment date was changed to today's date.
- FIX - (Ref. 73012) - Player Entry; Error: 76: ("Path not found") occurred sometimes when trying to download Ireland GOLFnet numbers
- FIX - (Ref. 73013) - Player Entry; For some team competitions, the names of the players were not fully visible on the scorecard screen.
- FIX - (Ref. 73014) - Ireland GOLFnet National system; "Unknown Error 6" occurred when trying to download Away scores from GOLFnet.
- FIX - (Ref. 73015) - Subscription Option; Incorrect 'Payment Method' may have been shown for some payments in the 'Payments in Current Year' and 'All Payments' list.
- FIX - (Ref. 73016) - Player Entry; New visitors were not recognised when using Ireland GOLFnet Golfer list to identify players when they entered their GOLFnet card number.
HandicapMaster 7.3.10 (Update Package 410) (3 December 2009)
- FIX - (Ref. 73001) - Unexpected error 80040E10 ('No value given for one or more required parameters') occurred, along with supplementary errors, when Player Entry was run prior to HandicapMaster, after upgrading to version 7.3.
HandicapMaster 7.3.9 (Update Package 409) (2 December 2009)
First release of version 7.3. For details of changes made to version 7.3 when in development, please see the Version 7.3 Beta Change Log.