You are in Support
New Features and Principal Changes in Version 7.2
Most recent version is 8.3.14, released on 30th April 2013.
For a description of the functional changes made to HandicapMaster from 7.1 to 7.2, please read our New in Version 7.2 page.
HandicapMaster 7.2.43 (Update Package 341) (16 November 2009)
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Corrected "Orchard (The)" to "Orchard", "The Orchard" to "Orchards", "City of Coventry (Brandon Wood)" to "Brandon Wood", "Millbrook" to "Milbrook", "Woodspring (the)" to "Woodspring", "The Gloucestershire" to "The Gloucester", "Creda" to "Blythe Bridge", "Dunnerholme" to "The Dunnerholme", "Seedy Mill" to "Lichfield" and "Malton" to "New Malton" in England List. Changed National number for Heacham Manor. Deleted "Porters Park Artisan", "Humberston Park", "Hurlston Hall Artisans", "Buxton & High Peak Artisans" and "York (Yorkshire)". Added "UHI" to Scotland list and "Home Nations Interclub" to England list.
- FIX - (Ref. 72119) - Possible Candidates for Lapsing/Inactivation reports; Handicap record entries of type "Transferred Handicap Allocation (THA)" were being included in the number of scores returned by players, in error.
- FIX - (Ref. 72120) - Import of membership details from Club, Premier or Network Edition into Society edition (for example for Winter league) displayed warning "The national System National Number should be 1 digits long. Please check this field." This only affected clubs in Ireland or England were national ID numbers had been allocated to members.
- FIX - (Ref. 72121) - EGU CDH; Changing "system Home Club" did not trigger player details to be resent to CDH (required if System Home club incorrectly set and players previously registered to wrong club) (CONGU Handicapping Editions, England only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72122) - Player Entry; The 'Reduce Handicap' option, available when entering Four Ball Better Ball scores, was not working.
HandicapMaster 7.2.42 (Update Package 340) (29 September 2009)
- NEW - Handicapping Report "Possible Candidates for Handicap Inactivation" added. The report will indentify home club members who have returned an insufficient number of qualifying scores and thus may have their handicap marked inactive from January 2010. This report is only visible to clubs in England and Wales and has been added to assist clubs with the introduction of Active/Inactive handicaps in these countries from January 2010.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "College Golf UK" to England List and renamed "Millbrook". "Kilternan" and "Ringdufferin" removed from Ireland GOLFnet service.
HandicapMaster 7.2.41 (21 September 2009)
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Heacham Manor" to England List.
- FIX - (Ref. 72117) - Record Away Scores; Unexpected error 13 ('Type Mismatch') occurred when recording an Away score of Medal (Stroke Play) format for a player (Society edition only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72118) - Apply Scores; Unexpected Error 80040E2F ("Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'NO_RETURN") would occur applying scores for a team competition in some circumstances.
HandicapMaster 7.2.40 (Update Package 337) (7 September 2009)
- FIX - (Ref. 72116) - Publish to GOLFnet; Unexpected error 80040E14 ("Syntax error in query expression") occurred publishing to Ireland National Database, after updating to build 7.2.39 (CONGU Handicapping Editions, Ireland only).
HandicapMaster 7.2.39 (Update Package 336) (7 September 2009)
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Updated national number for "Knightsbrook" and "Tuskar Rock" in Ireland list, added "Castlemartyr" and deleted "West Limerick". Amended name of "Auchenharvie 88", "Ayr Belleisle", "Brucefield", "Inveraray", "Ayr Seafield", "Strathpeffer Spa" and "Swanston New" in Scotland list (and added "Aberlady", "Ailsa Craig", "Amisfield Park", "Bass Rock", "Black Watch", "Ayr Carrick", "Fenwick", "Malletsheugh", "Mearns Castle", "The Renaissance", and "North Gailes"). Deleted "Oban", "Resipole", "Rouken Glen", "Rosemarkie", "Ruchill" and "Tighnabruaich" from Scotland List. Added "Formby Ladies" to England List.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; HandicapMaster will no longer request a national number for Juniors with 'Club', rather than 'CONGU' handicaps (CONGU Editions (England) only). Also warnings for players without national numbers will no longer be raised if the players have only played in non-qualifiers during the time period of records being uploaded to the CDH.
- AMEND - Bookings; When Online bookings are active but there is no working internet connection on the computer then when viewing the 'Open Competitions' list the number of warning messages displayed is significantly reduced. (Premier and Network editions only).
- AMEND - Competition Template; It is now possible to use handicapping to one decimal place for singles competitions off full handicap, where the competition is played over less than 18 holes.
- FIX - (Ref. 72112) - Away Score; It was not possible to enter an Away score as 'No Return', but with an Adjusted Gross Score value (CONGU Editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72113) - Player Import; Locker Numbers containing just space characters were not correctly identified as an empty Locker Number value and were not imported.
- FIX - (Ref. 72114) - Competition Results; The overall gross score results for an alternative day competition could be ordered incorrectly when the alternative day competition was either Stableford or Par format, and the option to switch gross results to be based on strokes taken rather than points/hole won was not selected.
- FIX - (Ref. 72115) - Issue Handicap Award; A limit of 1st August 2010 as the last date of a handicap award entry to be used was being applied to the Society edition in error.
HandicapMaster 7.2.38 (7 August 2009)
- FIX - (Ref. 72111) - Start Sheets; Handicaps of Players added to sheet were no longer being displayed, after updating to build 7.2.36 or 7.2.37.
HandicapMaster 7.2.37 (Update Package 335) (5 August 2009)
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Updated names of "Brackenwood" and "Petworth Downs" in England list and added "English Golf Union (Midlands)", "English Golf Union (North)", "English Golf Union (South East)", "English Golf Union (South West)", "NAPGC".
- FIX - (Ref. 72106) - Letters; Unexpected error 80040202 ("Can't open output file (bad file name, in use by other application)") when e-mailing letters occurred.
- FIX - (Ref. 72107) - Letters; Incorrect addresses were displayed. This only happened under the following (rare) circumstance; If the HandicapMaster Subscription option is activated (e.g. during 45 day trial) and Membership Groups were configured with a Group Contact. Then subsequently if the Subscription option was de-activated the group contact details were used.
- FIX - (Ref. 72108) - Configure Player Entry; Unexpected error 24574 ("No fonts exist") had been reported once when changing font for scorecard label printing.
- FIX - (Ref. 72109) - EGU CDH and Ireland GOLFnet; "Is another Home Club course" setting on Golf Course was not being recognised when uploading to GOLFnet or EGU CDH if additional course was added as though it is in a different country to System Home Club (CONGU Editions - Ireland and England - only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72110) - Edit Member; When changing an Away member to Home Member, it was possible to reset the player's Handicap to above the maximum permitted.
HandicapMaster 7.2.36 (23 July 2009)
- AMEND - 'No Return' in Stroke Play Competitions; HandicapMaster will no longer automatically flag a score of 'No Return' in a stroke-play competition as a Disqualification under rule of golf 3.2. This amendment follows advice from the golf authorities that Disqualifications should be based on the scorecards returned, and agreed by the organising committee, not solely on the scores entered into the computer.
- AMEND - Bookings and Start Sheets; The time taken to display bookings received and load a Start Sheet from bookings received has been reduced, especially where bookings have been received in conjunction with Master Scoreboard web site (Premier and Network editions).
- AMEND - Analyse Scores Entered; The list of scores entered is no longer re-sorted if a scorecard is edited but subsequently not changed.
- AMEND - Order of Merit; Where one or more 'alternative day' or 'multiple-round' competitions are added to an Order of Merit (but not all rounds in the overall results are added), the remaining rounds will automatically be added to the Order of Merit list of selected competitions (when using the option to base the Order of Merit calculations on overall results).
- AMEND - Eclectics Wizard; "Up/Down" buttons have been added to the Division Boundaries entry boxes.
- FIX - (Ref. 72101) - EGU CDH; Players who were configured to have a National ID allocated by the CDH, but then deleted (set as past members) before the CDH has allocated ID's, still received ID's in error.
- FIX - (Ref. 72102) - Opened Competitions List; Ordering of competitions did not reflect AM/PM date settings.
- FIX - (Ref. 72103) - Multiple-round Competitions; Overall results for a 36 Hole (or more) competition could be corrupted where different divisions' settings were used for different rounds.
- FIX - (Ref. 72104) - Order of Merit; When showing results with overall winners and Divisions, and the number of counting scores per player is limited to player's best scores only, the wrong players could be displayed as the overall winners.
- FIX - (Ref. 72105) - Player Entry; Some players were not displayed in the list of names when more than one team competition was open, with scores already entered for one or more of these competitions.
HandicapMaster 7.2.35 (Update Package 333) (6 July 2009)
- FIX - (Ref. 72100) - Editing and Cancelling Scorecards; Unable to edit or cancel scorecards for team competitions due to "Internal Error" message being displayed.
HandicapMaster 7.2.34 (Update Package 332) (1 July 2009)
- FIX - (Ref. 72099) - Various; Unexpected error 6 ("Overflow") while selecting items associated with a competition (E.g. Cancelling a scorecard, etc).
HandicapMaster 7.2.33 (Update Package 331) (30 June 2009)
- AMEND - Integration with External Membership Systems; The time taken to refresh membership records in HandicapMaster from an external source, when using the 'LoadCSV' interface, has been reduced.
- AMEND - Knock-out Matches; When viewing the list of matches, it is now possible to re-print a KO chart when a blank line between rounds is the highlighted row.
- AMEND - Sending E-mails; When sending e-mails from HandicapMaster, a message "Sending E-mail..." is now displayed to confirm the sending of the e-mail is being progressed.
- AMEND - Knock Out draw; Width of lines in report grid increased to improve readability especially when printed.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "English Golf Captains" and "Myerscough" to England club list. Renamed "Upton-by-Chester" to "Upton by Chester" in England list and "Gatehouse of Fleet" to "Gatehouse" in the Scotland list.
- AMEND - "Welcome to HandicapMaster 2009" report; This report is no longer displayed when HandicapMaster is started.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; Internal changes made to link to CDH web server following amendment to CDH Specification (CONGU editions (England) only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72085) - Integration with External Membership Systems; Unexpected error 53 ("File not found") can occur when loading membership records using "LoadCSV" interface if interface file is removed during the load.
- FIX - (Ref. 72086) - Handicapping; General Play Adjustment; Unexpected error 35775 ("A value was specified for the MinDate property that is higher than the current value of MaxDate.") occurred if the Player's first handicap record entry was future dated.
- FIX - (Ref. 72087) - Master Scoreboard; "Score not recorded" text, as shown on competition results reports, was not being displayed on the competition results published on the web site.
- FIX - (Ref. 72088) - CONGU Handicapping; Category 1 players with "No Score Recorded" (every hole 'No Return') in a CONGU 9 Hole Qualifying competition would have their handicap increased by 0.1 in error (CONGU editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72089) - Player Entry; If a player chose to reduce his/her handicap at score entry time the revised handicap was not used (defect introduced in build 7.2.32 in error) (CONGU editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72090) - Sending E-mails; Unexpected error 80040202 could occur when sending a report by email if the report was already in the process of being e-mailed.
- FIX - (Ref. 72091) - Sending E-mails; When e-mailing Start Sheet or Booking Sheet and distribution list was un-ticked (to send report to individual instead), the wrong confirmation message was displayed suggesting (incorrectly) that no e-mail had been sent.
- FIX - (Ref. 72092) - Player Entry; When using a very large resolution touch screen (e.g. 1920 x 1024) some screens may have contained a partial numeric keypad at the left hand end of the screen. (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72093) - Start Sheets; Unexpected error 9 (Invalid Column Index) could occur if, after a Start Sheet had been created, the format of the competition was changed and then the Start Sheet was updated again.
- FIX - (Ref. 72094) - Bookings History Report; The report could show invalid information if bookings were originally configured to be taken through Player Entry but had subsequently been changed to use Player Entry with Master Scoreboard or Master Scoreboard only (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72095) - E-mail; When trying to attach a file to an e-mail that is to be sent to one or more members or distribution lists the format of the attached file was restricted to for example PDF or CSV if you had previously saved a report or start sheet file.
- FIX - (Ref. 72096) - Enter Scorecard; Unexpected error 6 ("Overflow") could occur after using HandicapMaster, always with one of more competitions opened, for a long time (months or years).
- FIX - (Ref. 72097) - Raise Invoice; Unexpected error 35600 ("Index out of bounds") occurred after changing invoice template and then adding an extra payment item. (Subscriptions option only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72098) - Subscription Template; Unexpected error 8004D00E ("You tried to commit or rollback a transaction without first beginning a transaction") may have occurred when trying to create a new Subscription Template. (Subscriptions option only).
HandicapMaster 7.2.32 (Update Package 330) (10 June 2009)
- NEW - Integration with External Membership Systems; New database stored procedures ("SetCompFeesPaid_1" and "SetCompFeesRefunded_1") are added. These allow competition fees to be mark processed on a competition-by-competition basis.
- AMEND - Start Sheets; Except when viewing the opening titles page of the wizard, the Start Sheets wizard will now prompt to confirm that changes to the Start Sheet are not to be saved when the windows close ("X") box is clicked.
- AMEND - Start Sheets; The maximum number of games that may be pre-allocated to the grid is increased to 200.
- AMEND - Integration with External Membership System; Facility to view and edit Member and Past Member Account ID details added to FILE -> OPTIONS -> Integration tab (Premier and Network editions only).
- AMEND - Competition Bookings Report; When e-mailing a Competitions Bookings report, HandicapMaster will now default to sending the report to all players on the report who have a valid email address (Premier and Network editions only).
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Ballymoney" and "The Links Portmarnock" to Ireland club list. Added "Kingennie", "South Ronaldsay", "Spey Valley", "Strathclyde Park", "The Carrick at Cameron House", "Whitehill House", "Wigtownshire County" to Scotland club list. Renamed "Boystown" to "Blessington Lakes" in Ireland list and added "Townley Hall" back into GUI GOLFnet list.
- FIX - (Ref. 72074) - Player Entry; If a player chose to reduce his/her handicap at score entry time and the "reduce handicap" screen was not updated for more than 30 seconds, the player's handicap would be reduced to zero in error.
- FIX - (Ref. 72076) - Start Sheets; When using 'Autofill' to load a Start Sheet using teams from a previous team competition, the ordering of players within each team was not retained.
- FIX - (Ref. 72077) - Email; Unexpected error 94 ("Invalid use of Null") occurred when adding/changing e-mail recipients.
- FIX - (Ref. 72078) - Player Entry; When using Full Keyboard as input device, up and down buttons on screen did not respond to being clicked with the mouse.
- FIX - (Ref. 72079) - EGU CDH; "Handicap Brought Forward" records were uploaded to the CDH for Juniors with Club Handicaps (Handicaps above 28) in error. (CONGU Handicapping Editions (England) only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72080) - Start Sheet Labels; Report page layout created as Landscape, in error, if default setting for printer was Landscape printing (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72081) - Order of Merit; Option for past members and players without a handicap of 'Ignore these players (re-allocating any Points previously awarded to them)' was not being processed when allocating points based on where players finished in competitions. Instead, points were being allocated to the past members and not displayed in report, in error.
- FIX - (Ref. 72082) - Record Supplementary Scores; Unexpected error 381 ("Invalid property array index") could occur when System Home Club was not set correctly (CONGU Handicapping editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72083) - E-mail; It now possible to have a blank 'To:' recipient list to only send an e-mail to CC list of recipients.
- FIX - (Ref. 72084) - Bookings; If opened competition was reconfigured whilst bookings arrangements were active, the time of day when bookings due to start or end was reset back to "00:00" hours in error (Premier and Network editions only).
Player Entry (19 May 2009)
- FIX - (Ref. 72075) - Online Bookings; Slot incorrectly displayed as available for booking on Player Entry booking window when already booked by player (and player record had not been published to Master Scoreboard).
Repair applied to Master Scoreboard web site, not software update required.
HandicapMaster 7.2.31 (14 May 2009)
- AMEND - Handicap Certificates; Where a National Number has been allocated to a player (Ireland GOLFnet number or England CDH number) this is now displayed alongside the name of the player on the certificate (CONGU editions only).
- AMEND - Start Sheets; When e-mailing a Start Sheet report, HandicapMaster will now default to sending the Start Sheet to all players on the Start Sheet (who have a valid email address).
- AMEND - Locker Number Report; This report is now multi column to reduce the length of the report.
- AMEND - Online Bookings; Improved messages are added to Player Entry when running Bookings in conjunction with Master Scoreboard and an internet connection problem occurs (Premier and Network editions only).
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Bunclody" to Ireland club list.
- FIX - (Ref. 72072) - E-mail Letters; Unexpected error 32755 ("Cancel was selected") occurred When attaching a file and user cancelled the attach file dialogue.
- FIX - (Ref. 72073) - EGU CDH; Unexpected error 94 ("Invalid use of Null") occurred for one reported customer when uploading handicap records to the CDH (CONGU handicapping editions only).
HandicapMaster 7.2.30 (Update Package 328) (6 May 2009)
- NEW - Player Entry; Option allowing your players to identify themselves by either typing a PIN number, their membership card number or presenting their proximity card to a keyboard proximity reader, is added when Touch-screen equipment in use (Premier and Network editions only).
- AMEND - EGU CDH; Add link to HandicapMaster help about EGU CDH directly onto Publish wizard page.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Riverside (Nottinghamshire)", "Riverside (Bedfordshire)" and "English Golf Union" to list of English clubs. Added Ireland GOLFnet number to "Killeen Castle" entry.
- AMEND - HandicapMaster; You may now run more than one copy of the HandicapMaster program on the same PC at the same time.
- FIX - (Ref. 72069) - Player Entry; It was possible to re-enter or cancel a scorecard already entered, by re-selecting the player using his PIN number (defect introduced in build 7.2.28 in error).
- FIX - (Ref. 72070) - Start Sheets; When displaying handicaps in a Start Sheet (on Screen, in Report or on Labels) for a second or subsequent round of a multi-round competition, first round handicaps were not being displayed when expected.
- FIX - (Ref. 72071) - All Member's List; Under some circumstances the Age Group of members allocated was not displayed.
- NEW - Player Entry; Option allowing your players to identify themselves by typing their Ireland GOLFnet card number in addition to inserting their card is added.
- AMEND - Start Sheets; When selecting players to add to the sheet using the keyboard, the searched name is now cleared after less time.
- FIX - (Ref. 72067) - Edit Member; When awarding a disability handicap to an adult clicking the up arrow button to the right of the Handicap box did not increase the handicap beyond 36.
- FIX - (Ref. 72068) - Edit Member; In situations where Windows does not return a correctly formatted currency value, member records could not be saved.
HandicapMaster 7.2.28 (Update Package 326) (23 April 2009)
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Dundonald Links", "Ormonds" to Scotland club list.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; Publishing to CDH is no longer automatically halted when the first error is returned from the CDH when allocating National Numbers or updating Membership data.
- AMEND - Ireland GOLFnet CDH; When first publishing to GOLFnet, HandicapMaster will now confirm with the User whether to publish Men's or Ladies data.
- AMEND - Competition Templates; When creating a new template, option to 'calculate Strokes Received to one decimal place' is now turned on by default for Foursomes Medal competitions.
- AMEND - Competition Templates; Option to 'calculate Strokes Received to one decimal place' is removed for Singles competitions played off full handicap allowance.
- AMEND - Reports; 'Possible candidates for lapsing' and 'Number of Scores Returned to Regain Lapsed Handicap' reports are removed except for CONGU (Scotland) Editions.
- AMEND - Publish to Internet; Increase of timeout when sending data to MasterScoreboard.co.uk to allow uploading from slow internet connections.
- AMEND - Date Selection; The header background colour used when displaying the drop-down calendar in HandicapMaster is darkened to enable the headings for the days of the week to be read more easily.
- FIX - (Ref. 72055) - Annual Review Report; Unexpected error 3265 ("Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.") occurred when using option 'Include handicap Records of those players listed on Report' (CONGU Handicapping editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72056) - EGU CDH; Error "Operation Timed Out" could occur when uploading Handicap Records to CDH server.
- FIX - (Ref. 72057) - Player Entry Leader Board; In some circumstances, the nett scores for players were not displayed for medal competitions.
- FIX - (Ref. 72058) - Ireland GOLFnet and EGU CDH; After restoring a database backup, option to upload to national CDH sometimes was not available until HandicapMaster was restarted.
- FIX - (Ref. 72059) - Edit Member; Wrong date for start of new Handicap records was being used when Away player transfers to Home player.
- FIX - (Ref. 72060) - Player Entry; Buttons for updating Visitor or Away Member Handicap did not respond when clicked (EGA Editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72061) - Player Entry; Visitors and Away members were asked to confirm their current handicap twice, in error, when "Restrict Score Entry/Sign In to Players listed on a Start Sheet" option was in operation (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72062) - Bookings; In some circumstances, it was not possible to book a specific slot on a booking sheet through HandicapMaster (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72063) - Import; The national numbers for players were deleted if an file was imported without the National Number (or GOLFnet No.) import column being present (CONGU Handicapping editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72064) - Suspend Player from Competitions; Security settings applied to Users in HandicapMaster were ineffective for this option (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72065) - Open a New Competition; Unexpected error 381 ("Invalid Property Array Index") occurred when opening a new competition and all competition templates had previously been deleted ("hidden").
- FIX - (Ref. 72066) - Player Entry; In some circumstances, the 'reduce handicap' option was invoked although it was not listed as an option on the screen.
HandicapMaster 7.2.27 (Update Package 325) (1 April 2009)
- NEW - Player Entry; Option to turn off CONGU Clause 20.11 screen (which allows players to reduce their Handicap for competition) when entering scores is added to Configure Player Entry wizard. This follows a ruling from CONGU that this screen is no longer mandatory in CONGU approved software (CONGU Handicapping editions only).
- AMEND - Subscriptions Option; Member names in the "All Payments" and "Payments in Current Year" list are now by surname then first name to be consistent with other lists.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; Improved help when user tries to upload to CDH without first activating their club on the CDH web site.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; Improved message when error returned from CDH allocating a National ID or updating membership details (name of player affected is added to message).
- AMEND - General Play and Annual Review amendments; Using future dates for manual handicap adjustments is disallowed.
- AMEND - Integration with External Membership System; Date of birth dates before 1/1/1900 will be ignored, other membership details will still be loaded (CSV load and Remote Request load).
- AMEND - Import; Date of birth dates before 1/1/1900 will be ignored.
- AMEND - Start Sheets; Added internal option to override check for Bookings still underway when importing bookings onto a start sheet (Premier and Network editions only).
- AMEND - CONGU Handicap Record Report; Player's Ireland GOLFnet number or England CDH Number is now included in the headings on the Handicap Record Report (CONGU Handicapping Editions only).
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Changed "Welcombe Hotel & (The)" to "Menzies Welcombe Hotel" & "Romney Warren" to "Littlestone Warren" in England club list.
- FIX - (Ref. 72047) - CONGU Handicapping; 'Visitors' with same Home Club as venue for competition are now treated as 'Home' players for the purpose of calculating the Competition Scratch Score in open competitions (CONGU Handicapping editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72048) - Order of Merit; When changing Order of Merit configuration to allocate points on the basis of where players finish in competitions, the option "Use overall results for 'Multiple Round' and 'Alternate Day' competitions" was not immediately available.
- FIX - (Ref. 72049) - Membership Selection; When selecting a member from pop-up window, names of players for a selected gender could be seen, even if custom security settings for the logged on user had been set as "no access" to records of that gender (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72050) - Visitors report; Access to the report was granted, even if custom security settings for the logged on user had been set as "no access" to Visitor records (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72051) - Competition Scratch Score report; In some circumstances this report could show CSS as 0 for one gender of players (such as when no players of that gender actually played) (CONGU Handicapping editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72052) - E-mail; When e-mailing reports Unexpected error 80040202 ("Can't open output file (bad file name, in use by other application)") occasionally occurred.
- FIX - (Ref. 72053) - EGU CDH; In some circumstances, no handicap record entries were uploaded for a player, leaving players recently added to the CDH as displayed on the CDH with Handicap 0 (CONGU editions, England region only).
- FIX - (Ref. 72054) - Player Entry; Unexpected error 13 ("Type Mismatch") could occur when Player Entry started if one or more of the Magnetic Card Reader settings were corrupt.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Bedwell Park" and changed "Haven Pastures" to "Beaudesert Park" & "Warley" to "Warley Woods" in England club list.
- AMEND - Integration with External Membership Systems; Age of Members report was not visible when integration with external membership systems is turned on. (Premier and Network editions only).
- AMEND - E-mail Report; When e-mailing a Handicap Certificate, General Play Adjustment letter or Annual Review Adjustment letter to a member, a copy of the e-mail is now sent to the originator too.
- AMEND - Player Export; When exporting player details the column 'METHOD OF SUBSCRIPTION PAYMENT' was being exported when not relevant, has not been removed (Only applies when Subscriptions option active).
- FIX - (Ref. 72044) - Distribution Lists; The list of members displayed when adding a member to a distribution list did not contain the name of the member's home club.
- FIX - (Ref. 72045) - Publish to Internet Wizard; If multiple internet services are selected and a user steps BACK in the wizard then the Masterscoreboard.co.uk Options page was displayed out of sequence.
- FIX - (Ref. 72046) - Integration with External Membership System; The CSV load interface documentation indicates that a gender value of "F" or "Female" are supported. A value of "Female" now results in the correct gender being set.
HandicapMaster 7.2.25 (Update Package 323) (10 March 2009)
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Killeen Castle" to Ireland club list.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; Option to request a National Number for all remaining Home Members now appears if 10 or more home members without numbers exist (previously 20 or more required for option to show). England CONGU editions only.
- FIX (Ref. 72039) - Player Entry; Error 365 ("Unable to unload within this context") could occur when selection buttons clicked or touched too quickly ("double click") when making a choice.
- FIX (ref. 72041) - EGA Handicapping; Incorrect number of competitors in Competition Stableford Adjustment report statement "There were less than 10 Competitors in Categories 1, 2, 3 and 4." corrected to "15 Competitors". EGA Handicapping Editions only.
- FIX (Ref. 72042) - Subscriptions Option; When re-printing a Subscription or Invoice without a letterhead some text from previous report may have been included in the letterhead.
- FIX (Ref. 72043) - Letters; Unexpected error 91 ("Object variable or With block variable not set") sometimes occurred when e-mailing a single letter to a member who did not have an e-mail address.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added "Derllys Court", "Machynys Peninsula", "Mountain Park", "Penlanlas" to Wales course list, changed "British Steel Port Talbot" to "CORUS Port Talbot". Added "Braids United" to Scotland club list. Added "British Junior Golf Tour", "BUCS" and "Misterton" to England club list.
- AMEND - E-mail; Improved error handling to reduce number of messages displayed When sending an e-mail to members in a distribution list and there is an un-recoverable error.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; Warning messages when uploading records are no longer generated for Visitors in database if they do not have a National Number and also do not have any competition scores during the period of records being uploaded. England CONGU editions only.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; Improved recovery when records for a player are rejected by CDH during upload. England CONGU editions only.
- AMEND - Subscriptions Option; Overdue Subscription letters now include subscription invoice number in footer.
- AMEND - Integration with External Membership System; Option to set player's national numbers through LoadCSV import is added, such as Ireland GOLFnet numbers (not applicable for EGU CDH numbers).
- FIX (Ref. 72037) - Bookings; Names of players already booked in were not being displayed if booking was into a single slot.
- FIX (Ref. 72038) - Bookings; Names of players already booked in were scrolling out of view too soon when booking into slots.
- FIX (Ref. 72040) - Subscriptions Option; Raising subscriptions by criteria other than by 'Members assigned to Membership groups' and sending these subscriptions by e-mail now sends the e-mails to the Group Contact (instead of being sent to the individual members).
- FIX (Ref. 72036) - Player Entry; "Processing" message was displayed for increasing length of time when leader board was being operated during player entry of scores.
HandicapMaster 7.2.23 (Update Package 322) (19 February 2009)
- NEW - Player Entry; Command line options "/nosplash" and "/instance" are added (the latter providing an option to start Player Entry using a specified database instance).
- AMEND - Subscriptions option; The format of receipts has been improved to use wider columns for the item description and amounts.
- AMEND - Bookings; When exporting to external Booking service, additional information detailing Golf Course and Fees for competition is exported.
- FIX (Ref. 72027) - Saving Reports; Message "Error 6: 'Action is invalid whilst generating a document'" occurred when saving reports as RTF or HTML format. NB. This did not affect the creation of the report files.
- FIX (Ref. 72028) - Eclectics; When running Eclectic over less than 18 holes, players handicaps were not automatically being reduced proportionally to the number of holes played.
- FIX (Ref. 72029) - Eclectics; When running an Eclectic containing a combination of competition scorecards and casual cards, the best scores from the casual cards were not included in the results where they were for holes that were not played in the competitions.
- FIX (Ref. 72030) - Bookings; Cancelling a previous competition booking could fail with 'The original booking has not been found (Booking details not found)'.
- FIX (Ref. 72031) - E-mail; When e-mailing Handicap Certificates Unexpected error 94 ("Invalid use of Null") occasionally occurred.
- FIX (Ref. 72032) - Subscriptions Option; After printing a receipt other reports may have had incorrect line spacing between lines of text.
- FIX (Ref. 72033) - EGU CDH; Error 21 ("Invalid or missing Handicap Record CONGU Identifier") was returned from CDH when publishing records for away members.
- FIX (Ref. 72034) - Publish to Internet; When uploading to MasterScoreboard.co.uk error 340 ("Control array element '2' doesn't exist") was sometimes returned when cancelling the transfer of data.
- FIX (Ref. 72035) - EGU CDH; Unexpected error 13 ("Type Mismatch") occurred when publishing to the CDH (Network edition only).
HandicapMaster 7.2.22 (Update Package 321) (10 February 2009)
- NEW - Help Menu; New option 'Send Diagnostic Files to Support' is added.
- AMEND - EGU CDH; The time taken to send data to the central Server has been reduced.
- AMEND - Start Sheet Labels; Report footer is no longer displayed in the report.
- AMEND - Golf Courses; Added English County Unions to list of clubs, along with other organisations authorised to run qualifying competitions.
- AMEND - Competition Fees; The following amendments have been made to the Competition Fees facility:
- Manage Competition Fees; the reports generated for 'Unprocessed Fees Payable' and 'Unprocessed Fees due for Refund' now display a total amount below the list of entries,
- Manage Competition Fees; A folder may now be chosen where export files will be created without needing to choose a folder and file each time an export file is created (see FILE -> OPTIONS -> COMPETITIONS tab). When set, the export files will be named using standard names (date and sequence numbered).
- Manage Competition Fees; The Export files now contain an additional column "Competition ID" listing a unique number for each competition processed.
- Stored Procedures 'GetCompFeesPayable_1' and 'GetCompFeesRefundable_1' now contain an additional column 'COMP_UNIQUE_ID' listing a unique number for each competition processed.
- When applying competition scores, if there are players listed on a Start Sheet, but not included in the competition results, fees may now be raised for these players too.
- AMEND - Options; Layout of window has been updated, with extra links to setting Layout and Salutation used in Letters.
- AMEND - Letters; Links to setting Layout and Salutation used in Letters have been added to the letters tasks.
- AMEND - The Subscriptions and Invoice Payments Wizard; A new page has been added to allow for the selection of the printer to which receipts should be printed.
- AMEND - Program Updates; In some circumstances, HandicapMaster will now offer a program update check when the database has been updated with a newer version of HandicapMaster than is currently being run.
- AMEND - Integration with External Membership Systems; Improvements to the Remote Request method of membership data synchronization means any PC running HandicapMaster in the network will process outstanding requests (Premier and Network editions only).
- AMEND - Reports; Handicap List and Handicap Range reports; A selection criterion to limit the information displayed to Members in a Membership Category is added to these two reports.
- FIX (Ref. 72018) - Undo Competition; Unexpected error 91 ("Object variable or With block variable not set") occurred if a competition was undone whilst the results of that competition were displayed on screen.
- FIX (Ref. 72019) - Alternative Day Competition Results Report; If the first round played was non-qualifying for handicapping and the second round was qualifying, then the aggregate results report failed to include the handicapping columns.
- FIX (Ref. 72020) - Subscriptions Option; Subscriptions Payment Wizard; Receipts were not printed when the print option was selected.
- FIX (Ref. 72021) - Changing Home Club of Member; When a Home Club member was switched to 'Away' status, subsequent updates to his handicap record could result in previous handicap adjustments no longer being retained.
- FIX (Ref. 72022) - Subscriptions Option; Some payment schedules were not correctly recorded when setting up or editing a Subscription Template.
- FIX (Ref. 72023) - Publish to MasterScoreboard.co.uk; Publishing before adding any members to the database caused unexpected error 94 ("Invalid use of Null") to occur.
- FIX (Ref. 72024) - E-mail Reports; In some cases unexpected error 80040202 ("Can't open output file (bad file name, in use by other application).") could occur when emailing a report.
- FIX (Ref. 72025) - Unexpected error 3246 ("Connection object cannot be explicitly closed while in a transaction.") could occur when updating HandicapMaster to version 7.2 for the first time on some rare occasions.
- FIX (Ref. 72026) - Book into Future Competitions; Unexpected error 76 ("Path not Found") could occur in Player Entry when making bookings in conjunction with Master Scoreboard online booking service (Premier and Network editions only).
- NEW - Letter Fields; New field "National Number" added allowing a member's National Number (such as Ireland GOLFnet number or England CDH number) to be included in letters.
- FIX (Ref. 72016) - Handicap List; Customising the font used for the Handicap List report caused page breaks in the wrong places in the report, for some choices of fonts. Added support for further font customisation, such as setting the colour of the text.
- FIX (Ref. 72017) - Apply Scores; Unexpected error 3265 ("Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal") for query 1713 could occur when applying scores in some circumstances.
HandicapMaster 7.2.20 (Update Package 320) (21 January 2009)
- AMEND - Send E-mail Window; Added menu item and Toolbar button, for access to the Help information for sending e-mails.
- AMEND - Network edition; Validation of default values on database table columns is run.
- FIX (Ref. 72001) - Online Bookings; In some circumstances names of Visitors booked into competitions through HandicapMaster or Player Entry would show as "[Player name unknown]" on Master Scoreboard.
- FIX (Ref. 72002) - EGU CDH; Unexpected error 13 ("Type Mismatch") could occur receiving an Away Score.
- FIX (Ref. 72003) - EGU CDH; Unexpected error 91 ("Object variable or With block variable not set") could occur when the CDH sent an error back whilst uploading Handicap Records.
- FIX (Ref. 72004) - E-mail; Unexpected error 35602 ("Key is not unique in collection") occurred when adding more than two additional recipients to an E-mail.
- FIX (Ref. 72005) - Eclectics; An empty result report occurred if option "Players have signed up in Advance" used when configuring the eclectic competition.
- FIX (Ref. 72006) - Eclectics; Disqualified competition scores (other than Disqualifications under rule of golf 3-2) were being included in Eclectic calculations and reports in error.
- FIX (Ref. 72007) - Membership Option; Raise Subscriptions Wizard; Unexpected error 3265 ("Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal") sometimes occurred when raising subscriptions.
- FIX (Ref. 72008) - General Play Handicap Change Letter; The option to e-mail a copy of the letter to the recipient(s) was not automatically locating the recipient(s) e-mail addresses and using these.
- FIX (Ref. 72009) - Annual Review Adjustments; When entering handicap adjustments as a result of an Annual Review, the 'Save and More' button did not work correctly if the All Members list was being displayed in HandicapMaster.
- FIX (Ref. 72010) - Publish to Internet; Unexpected error 13 ("Invalid use of Null") could occur when publishing to MasterScoreboard after upgrading from version 7.1 when Eclectic competitions were previously included in the database and have subsequently been marked to be published to MasterScoreboard without first recreating the Eclectic results.
- FIX (Ref. 72011) - First Run Wizard; In some circumstances the correct region (country) was not being set for the CONGU Handicapping editions when HandicapMaster first installed.
- FIX (Ref. 72012) - Start Sheet Labels; Labels were printed incorrectly due to top margin on report printing incorrectly (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX (Ref. 72013) - Player Entry; View Current Handicap; The list of names was not displayed in alphabetical order.
- FIX (Ref. 72014) - Booking into Future Competitions; When Bookings configuration wizard re-run to mark a tee time or block as available for booking (when originally marked as unavailable), additional booking slots were not made available (Premier and Network editions only).
- FIX (Ref. 72015) - Membership Summary Report; Unexpected error 3705 ("Operation is not allowed when the object is open.") occurred under some circumstances.
HandicapMaster 7.2.19 (Update Package 319) (6 January 2009)
First release of version 7.2. For details of changes made to version 7.2 when in development, please see the Version 7.2 Beta Change Log.