You are in Support
New Features and Principle Changes in Version 5.3
Most recent version is 8.3.14, released on 30th April 2013.
Build 5.3.40 (11 Aug 2005)
AMEND - Ireland GOLFnet system; Add Portlaoise Golf Club, amend Crover House and GUI and ILGU District Branch details.
AMEND - Score Entry; When an unknown GOLFnet card is inserted into a Card Reader, a new Player Record is now only registered to the system automatically if the card is for an Away player or Visitor.
FIX - (Ref. 50148) Start Sheet Labels; Report layout was being corrupted if previous report viewed was in Landscape orientation (Premier Edition).
FIX - (Ref. 50149) Order of Merit; Players who were disqualified in a competition were receiving Order of Merit points in error, when Order of Merit based on Position in Competition and Points for tied positions are shared.
Build 5.3.39 (5 Jul 2005)
AMEND - Score Entry; Allow Down and Up keys to be used to move to another hole after a hole in one has been entered.
FIX - (Ref. 50138) 'Players not played near Handicap' report; results were being affected by non-qualifying competitions, in error.
FIX - (Ref. 50139) Handicap Records; Unexpected error 35602 ('Key is not unique in collection') could occur when displaying Handicap Records in Table format.
FIX - (Ref. 50140) Start Sheets; Autofill option was including players who had been disqualified in the previous competition when importing players, in error.
FIX - (Ref. 50141) Order of Merit; Players who were disqualified in a competition were still receiving Order of Merit points in error, when Order of Merit based on Stableford Points scored.
FIX - (Ref. 50142) Handicap Record; HandicapMaster was failing to display the minus sign ("-") in the Handicap Record Report (Table and Report formats) where a Gross Differential was below zero.
FIX - (Ref. 50143) LGU Medal Report; Scores where a player was disqualified from a competition were being included in the LGU Medals report in error.
FIX - (Ref. 50144) Exiting HandicapMaster; Unexpected Errors 3049 "Cannot open database 'x'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes, or the file may be corrupt." or 3356 "You attempted to open a database that is already opened exclusively by user '
' on machine ' '. Try again when the database is available." could occur when exiting HandicapMaster. These unexpected errors occurred in module "DATABASE/CompactDatabase_perform".
FIX - (Ref. 50145) Competition Results Report; "Card Not Returned" statement was wrapping to many lines due to insufficient space made available for this statement (Gross Scores report only).
FIX - (Ref. 50146) Delete All Visitors option; "1 Visitor Deleted" was reported irrespective of the number of Visitors actually deleted.
FIX - (Ref. 50147) View Competition Results; Unexpected Error 3021 (No Current Record) would occur if item "no records found" was double-clicked in the selection window.
Build 5.3.38 (Interim Build)
FIX - (Ref. 50137) Enter Scores; HandicapMaster could use the wrong handicap of a player at Scorecard entry where the last entry in a Player's Handicap Record was a CONGU Monthly Up-revision and both Men's and Ladies handicaps were being managed from one database (Club and Premier Editions, Ireland Region Only).
Build 5.3.37 (2 Jun 2005)
- AMEND - Visitors Report; Names now listed with Surname first, for improved readability.
- AMEND - Competition Results Report; Limit of 250 characters for notes has been removed.
- AMEND - MasterScoreboard.co.uk Upload; Improved connection diagnostics now written to Upload report.
- AMEND - Golf Courses List; Add the following clubs to system list:
- Kirkby Ladies
- Haven Pastures
- The Cambridgeshire
- The Chase
- Perth Artisans
- ILGU Midlands District
- ILGU Western District
- ILGU Eastern District
- ILGU Southern District
- ILGU Northern District
- FIX - (Ref. 50132) Scorecards from a Competition Report; The report headings were not recognising a change of competition name if the name was changed after Applying Competition scores.
- FIX - (Ref. 50133) Competition Results Report; Scores entered as 'Card Not Returned' for Stroke-play competitions were causing nonsense Nett Differentials to be displayed on Competition reports (Club and Premier Editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 50134) Import Memberships; Under some circumstances, it was possible for player's Home Club to change to "Abbeyfeale" after running Import.
- FIX - (Ref. 50136) Print Scorecards as Players Sign In; the “Competition Name” field was not printing at the chosen co-ordinates (Premier edition only).
Build 5.3.36 (12 May 2005)
- AMEND - Selection window; It is now possible to Re-sort items in the Selection window by clicking a column heading.
- FIX - (Ref. 50129) Order of Merit Report; Unexpected error 3021 (No current Record) could occur running Order of Merit report.
- FIX - (Ref. 50130) Score Entry; automatic registering of Visitors into Open competitions at score entry time who enter using their Ireland GOLFnet smart card was not working. HandicapMaster was reporting 'No Player found for number'.
- FIX - (Ref. 50131) Score Entry; HandicapMaster was using the wrong Handicaps for players when entering Team competition scores (Foursomes, Greensomes or FBBB), if players were being asked to sign-in before play (Premier edition only).
Build 5.3.35 (7 May 2005)
- AMEND - Software End Date; HandicapMaster will no longer cease to operate after 1st May 2006. A warning message will be displayed after 1st April 2006 instead.
- FIX - (Ref. 50128) Add a New Member; description "lblActiveEmail" was being displayed on the Add Member window in error.
Build 5.3.34 (Interim Build)
- FIX - (Ref. 50127) Handicap Records; Scores entered as 'Card Not Returned' for Stroke-play competitions were causing nonsense Adjusted Gross Scores, Nett and Gross Differentials to be displayed on Handicap Record reports (Club and Premier Editions only).
Build 5.3.33 (Interim Build)
- AMEND - Score Entry; When using GemPC USB Card Reader, inserting card whilst leader board displayed now clears leader board, returning to Score Entry (Premier Edition only).
- AMEND - Score Entry; Improve instructions above PIN Number box when using GOLFnet card entry or GemPC USB Card Reader.
- AMEND - Import; Add column headings "DOB" and "CDH No" to list of supported column headings. Replace heading "Work Phone" with "Fax" and amend "Mobile Phone" to import to correct Telephone field.
- AMEND - Software End Date; Amend wording on Software End date screens to clarify program update available for download.
- FIX - (Ref. 50120) Start Sheets; Unexpected Error 6 ("Overflow") occurred if Tee Times were created that extended over more than a nine hour period.
- FIX - (Ref. 50121) Score Entry; "Equipment Check" message displayed repeatedly when GemPC USB Card reader used (Premier Edition only).
- FIX - (Ref. 50122) Edit Member; Editing a membership record for a player with a Starred Handicap caused his handicap status to change from 'Starred' to 'Lapsed' (Club and Premier Editions, Scotland Region only).
- FIX - (Ref. 50123) Delete Member; If a player with a Starred handicap was deleted, then undeleted, the player lost his "Starred" status (Club and Premier Editions, Scotland Region only).
- FIX - (Ref. 50124) Competition Scores Returned report; No competitions were being included in the report for Players with Starred handicaps (Club and Premier Editions, Scotland Region only).
- FIX - (Ref. 50125) Closed Competitions List; Option 'Change Competition name' in pop-up menu was not always being included in menu (Club and Society Editions only).
- FIX - (Ref. 50126) Most Improved Golfer report; Unexpected error 6 (Overflow) was occurring when the MIG was calculated as a percentage improvement and one or more players had a zero (scratch) handicap at the start of the report analysis period.
Build 5.3.32 (26 Apr 2005)
- AMEND - Database Backups; Automatic backup of database file now completed prior to prompting user for backup on program exit (reducing size of backup file on some occasions).
- AMEND - Start Sheets; Link to help topic for moving cells around the start sheet added in form of "Tip", to Start Sheets window.
- AMEND - Visitor Report; PIN number allocated to Visitors was missing from Visitors Report.
- AMEND - Handicap List Report; HandicapMaster CONGU Licence number removed from Report Footer (Society Edition only).
- AMEND - Set up Competition Template; Add sentence recommending calculating Strokes Received to one decimal place is only used for Foursomes Medal Competitions.
- AMEND - Start Sheets; Control was not returning to the Grid when GAP button clicked.
- FIX - (Ref. 50111) Start Sheets; Ampersand ("&") in Competition Name was showing as Underscore ("_") on Start Sheets window.
- FIX - (Ref. 50112) Set up Competition Template; Option to calculate Strokes Received to one decimal place was active when Greensomes Handicap allowance selected (but not applicable).
- FIX - (Ref. 50113) Backup Database; Unexpected Error 5 ("Invalid procedure call or argument") could occur clicking YES button. This error occurs in module frmBackup/btnYes_Click.
- FIX - (Ref. 50114) Report Layout and Options; Unexpected Error 24574 ("No Fonts Exist") would occur when selecting a new report Font if Windows reported no fonts available.
- FIX - (Ref. 50115) Starting HandicapMaster; Unexpected Error 52 ("Bad file name or number") could occur starting HandicapMaster if the database file was on a network share that was not available.
- FIX - (Ref. 50116) Score Entry; Unexpected Error 365 ("Unable to unload within this context") could occur when returning from Leader board to main score entry screen, using Gemself GCR700 MS2 Terminal.
- FIX - (Ref. 50117) Score Entry; It was necessary to remove and re-insert GOLFnet Card to Gemself Terminal when clearing Leader Board and entering Score, unnecessarily.
- FIX - (Ref. 50118) Import; HandicapMaster was not recognising "Visitor" status in Import file if Membership record already existed.
- FIX - (Ref. 50119) Apply Scores; Unexpected Error 94 ("Invalid Use of Null") would occur if a player's Handicap Award was Undone after a Scorecard was entered for an Open competition, when the competition was subsequently applied.
Build 5.3.31 (Interim Build)
- FIX - (Ref. 50106) Score Entry; Ampersand ("&") in Competition Name was showing as Underscore ("_") on Scorecard window and on Leader board window.
- FIX - (Ref. 50107) Score Entry; Settings for restricted times for Score Entry were not being honoured; scores could still be entered outside of the restricted times (Premier Edition).
- FIX - (Ref. 50108) Score Entry; "Sign in to Competition?" text was scrolling off the screen when the name of the competition is too long (Premier Edition).
- FIX - (Ref. 50109) Score Entry; Unexpected Error 6 ("Overflow") was reported displaying screen at Score Entry time.
- FIX - (Ref. 50110) Publish to MasterScoreboard.co.uk; Some installations reporting Unexpected error 5 ("Invalid Procedure Call") occurring when uploading to MasterScoreboard.co.uk.
Build 5.3.30 (8 Apr 2005)
- FIX - (Ref. 50102) Start Sheets; Now able to use Carriage Return in the notes section of a Start Sheet.
- FIX - (Ref. 50103) Start Sheets; Where a tee time has been left unfilled (no players selected and 'GAP' not used) HandicapMaster was including the Tee Time in the Report. This is no longer the case.
- AMEND - Program Error Reporting; Improve error reporting when HandicapMaster encounters an Unexpected Error during Score Entry.
- FIX - (Ref. 50104) Handicap Exchange Sheet Report; Score for Handicapping purposes was not being displayed in Handicap Exchange Sheet report when the player was disqualified in the Competition.
- FIX - (Ref. 50105) AWAY Competition Score Entry; It was possible to enter a CONGU Clause 19.8 Adjusted score of 'No Return' when the un-adjusted Gross Score was not 'No Return'. This could cause invalid Gross and Nett Differential values to show in Player's Handicap records.
- AMEND - Load Membership records from CSV file; Add support for data items being enclosed in Quotes in CSV file (Premier Edition only).
- AMEND - Publish to MasterScoreboard.co.uk; Overall results in Alternative-day competitions now supported.
- FIX - (Ref. 50043) Match-play Knock Out Draw; Unexpected Error 3201 (No Current Record) running a Pair's Match-play Knock-out Draw. This occurs in module 'Matchplay/Rundraw'. This occurs if a player or pairing is removed from the Entrants list whilst adding names to the Draw.
- AMEND - Publish to MasterScoreboard.co.uk; Handicap List now identifies players as 'Away' where applicable.
- FIX - (Ref. 50101) Undo a Competition; Unexpected Error 94 (Invalid use of Null) can occur undoing a Four Ball Best Ball competition. The error occurs in module 'modModule1/Database_backout'.
Build 5.3.27 (31 Mar 2005)
- AMEND - Score Entry; Improvements to Touch-screen score entry:
- HandicapMaster now responds quicker when Touch-sensitive screen is used.
- touching descriptions alongside keys now activate keys (in addition to touching keys themselves).
- Faster moving up and down list of names by 'double-pressing' Page UP or Page Down keys.
- FIX - Score Entry; Background colours on Administration Password screen now set correctly.
- FIX - Score Entry; Number of 'cards entered' message was not being updated on Leader Board screen if Leader Board run on second Computer whilst scores are being entered on first Computer.
- FIX - (Ref. 50099) Unexpected Error 9 (Subscript out of Range) running Score Entry Leader Board. This error occurs if the only competitions Open are all future-dated. This error occurs in module 'frmCompLeaderboard/Leaderboard_Scores_Get'.
- FIX - (Ref. 50100) Score Entry; Unable to operate Gemself Terminal due to incorrect message "Error connecting to GemPC USB Card Reader" being displayed.
Build 5.3.26 (17 Mar 2005)
- NEW - Program Installation; Add support for Installer recognising when HandicapMaster is already running.
- FIX - Enter Scores Leaderboard; Fix various errors when PC left displaying leaderboard and all competitions are closed using another PC.
- FIX - Start Sheets; Unexpected Error 5 (Invalid procedure call or argument) in modCommon/SetFocusIfEnabled rapidly moving around Start Sheets.
- FIX - Change Registration Window; Switching to Society Edition causes failure reading registration code.
For a description of the functional changes made to HandicapMaster from 5.2 to 5.3, please read our Changes in Version 5.3 document.