You are in Support
If your computer was running Windows Vista and you UPGRADE to Windows 7.
Note: these instructions ONLY apply to HandicapMaster Version 7
If you have HandicapMaster Version 7 installed on a computer running Windows Vista that you then upgrade to Windows 7 you may observer the following error when you run HandicapMaster.
Error 339: Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid
In this situation we ask that you re-run the HandicapMaster installer. This will ensure that the library files required by HandicapMaster are correctly registered in Windows 7.
This FAQ only applied to users who have upgraded a PC running Windows Vista to Windows 7, clean installations of Windows 7 are not affected.
Download most recent HandicapMaster version 7 update:
- Please visit the 'downloads' section of this web site.
- Select 'Other Downloads'.
- Select 'Most Recent Version 7 Update'.
- Click 'Download File' button. This will start a download of a file to your PC. Save the download file to your Hard Disk (any folder will do so long as you can remember where!).
Apply the update:
Do not un-install HandicapMaster.
- Start Windows Explorer (Press the Windows and E keys together).
- Locate the file that you downloaded, on your system. Typically, it will be called something like Hm_Setup_433 (the number may be different).
- Double-click over the file name. This will start the update program.
The update program will automatically locate where HandicapMaster is installed on your system and update HandicapMaster accordingly.