You are in Support
How to convert to EGA Handicapping when I have already been running HandicapMaster?
For existing users of HandicapMaster version 8 who wish to convert to the EGA (European Golf Association) edition of HandicapMaster we recomend that you proceed as follows:
Contact HandicapMaster for a trial registration code.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused, however we require you to contact us so we may e-mail you back a trial registration code.
Take a backup of your existing database.
- Start HandicapMaster
- Select FILE menu, then BACKUP DATABASE.
- Click CHANGE FOLDER and select a folder on your local drive. Click OK, then YES to create a backup file.
- Exit HandicapMaster
Ensure that you have HandicapMaster for 2008 installed.
Create a blank EGA database.
- Start HandicapMaster.
- Select FILE menu, then OPTIONS, then click the DATABASE tab. Click the CONFIGURE button.
- Click NEW to add a new database. This will start the Database Wizard.
- Click NEXT four times.
- Enter a suitable description for this database and select an appropriate icon from the list. Click NEXT then FINISH. Then Click OK to acknowledge the database has been set up.
- Click OK twice and then close down HandicapMaster.
Enter trial code
Restart HandicapMaster you will now be presented with a list of databases, select the one you have created above. This is now the active database.
Please click the “Enter Registration code” button and then select one of the EGA editions as appropriate and enter the registration details we have e-mailed to you.
At this point you will now have a blank EGA database.
You may wish to export your membership details from your existing HandicapMaster database.
Please note due to differences in handicapping systems it is not possible to restore your existing database as the data that was previously entered cannot be converted to EGA format.
Export your current Member details.
- Stop and restart HandicapMaster selecting your existing database.
- On the PLAYERS menu select EXPORT. Enter a suitable file name and select ALL MEMBERS to be exported.
- Click the EXPORT button to create the export file.
Set handicaps to active
- Within the export file if you wish to signify that a handicap is active then it is necessary to append an * to the exact handicap for those players.
- E.g. if the handicap is 21.1 then you need to change this to be 21.1* to indicate that this is an active handicap.
- Edit the handicaps as appropriate and then save the file.
Import Member details into EGA database
- Stop and restart HandicapMaster selecting blank EGA database created above.
On the PLAYERS menu select IMPORT, and assign a suitable date for the First awards.
Please make this date BEFORE the start date of any competitions for which you wish to record scores.
Click the IMPORT button to import the membership details.
You may see some warnings about Column Header Records not being recognised. Please click YES as some of the export data is not recognised when importing into an EGA database.
- When the import has completed please check that you have all you members listed in the All Members list.