You are in Support
Installing the GemPC USB-SL Card Reader with HandicapMaster software
Step 1 - Download and run the HandicapMaster Reader Installer Program
Please go to step 2 if your computer is running Windows Vista or Seven as the drivers are either already installed or will be installed by Windows Update when you connect the reader.
Download the "InstallGemPC-USB-SL.exe" installer file.
Please Contact Support to request access to download this file. This file is available to registered users of HandicapMaster software only.
- Run the HandicapMaster InstallGemPC-USB-SL.exe update.
- Shutdown and Restart the Computer.
Step 2 - Connect USB Reader to system
If Drivers are required by windows, these are installed by GemPCUSB program to c:\program files\Gemplus\Reader Tools\Installer by default.
Step 3 - Configure HandicapMaster
- Start HandicapMaster.
- Under COMPETITIONS menu, select CONFIGURE PLAYER ENTRY.
- Tick USE SMART CARD READER and select applicable reader.
In the HandicapMaster CONFIGURE SCORE ENTRY wizard; if "Reader" displays:
- "Not Applicable" then the Microsoft Smart Card Base Components software has not been installed.
- "No Reader Found" then the Card Reader Drivers have not been installed.
- Displays the Gemplus Reader, but smart cards are not recognised at Score Entry time, the HandicapMaster GSC DLL update may not have been installed.
The "Microsoft Smart Card Base Components", "Card Reader Drivers" and "HandicapMaster GSC DLL update" are all included in the InstallGemPC-USB-SL.exe installation file.