You are in Products
Player Entry System
The Player Entry system with HandicapMaster is designed to allow Players to enter their own scores into the Computer after a Competition, typically using a publicly-accessible Computer.
The Player Entry system supports a wide range of equipment to be used, including Keypads, Card Readers (#), Touch-sensitive screens (#), etc.
Features include a leader board whilst scores are being entered, along with options such as printing scorecards (#) as players prepare to play in a Competition. Player Entry may be run from within HandicapMaster, or as its own program.
The Player Entry system may be purchased as an optional extra to HandicapMaster, although it is supplied as standard with the PREMIER, NETWORK and EGA-PREMIER editions of HandicapMaster.
Note: Some options (marked with #) are only available when Player Entry is run in conjunction with the PREMIER, EGA-PREMIER and NETWORK editions of HandicapMaster.
Features of the Player Entry system
Equipment that may be used with Player Entry
The following range of equipment may be used with Player Entry:
- Standard Keyboards
- Standard Keypads
- A Cherry G84-4700 Keypad
- Touch-sensitive Screens #
- Magnetic Card Readers #
- GemPC USB-SL and Omnikey Cardman 3121 Smart Card Readers (for Ireland GOLFnet cards)
View more details about these devices.
When entering scores into Player Entry, competitors may identify themselves through a variety of ways, including
- Selecting their names from a list
- Entering a PIN number
- Swiping a Magnetic Card through a Reader #
- Inserting an Ireland GOLFnet Smart Card
Players using the Player Entry system may be offered...
- Booking into future competitions #
- Sign-in before play #
- Entering competition scores
- Viewing the full Handicap List #
- Viewing thier recent Handicap record #
The Player Entry system also supports...
- Displaying a competition Leader Board (see below)
- Printing names and competition details to Scorecards or Labels as players sign-in #
- Display of messages from club committee #
- Different screen colour options
- Display on a Secondary Monitor on the computer where available
Competition administrators may choose to display a leader board whilst scores are being entered. The Leader board is then displayed during idle times when players are not in the process of inputting scores.
The scores displayed on the Leader board may be restricted to only 'good scores' (selectable) if preferable.
Printing Scorecards as Players sign-in to the Competition #
When combined with the Premier Edition, the Player Entry system can print names and competition details onto scorecards or labels as players sign-in before play.
# Available when run in conjunction with the PREMIER, EGA-PREMIER and NETWORK editions of HandicapMaster.